This weekend, I attended the Feminist Majority Foundation’s National Young Leaders Conference (FMF), and why not? I’m a 21st Century Feminist, right? Or so I thought…
On Saturday, I had an eye-opening experience learning what 21st century feminism means to the FMF and the “revolution” they are trying to sustain and make permanent in American society.
The general session I attended talked about the about the current “war on women” and the “dangerous” bills that are in Congress like HR-3, the No Taxpayer Funding of Abortion Act, or as they call it, “Stupak on Steroids,” and HR-358, Congressman Pitt’s “Protect Life Act,” or as they call it the “Let Women Die Act.” (Talk about violent language.)
But most of all – they are scared of the Pence Amendment – the kingpin of the pro-lifers’ “war on women.”
Over and over again, I was informed that the battles in Congress weren’t about abortion, though, they are about choice.
I agree with them on one thing – the battle in Congress right now isn’t about abortion, it’s about whether or not taxpayer dollars should fund the nation’s largest abortion chain, Planned Parenthood.
- It’s about how low-income and college-aged women are directly targeted by Planned Parenthood.
- It’s about the lies and false advertising of Planned Parenthood.
- It’s about the fact that the condoms that Planned Parenthood hands out have the lowest performance rate according to Consumer Reports. Bad condoms = More abortions.
- It’s about empowering women so they have control over their own lives, not the abortion industry.
- It’s about giving women access to REAL health care and real options for their future. Real health care promotes and protects Life while the abortion industry destroys it.
As announced at the conference, pro-abortion feminists are organizing a massive March on Washington on April 7th in coordination with Young Woman’s Christian Association (YWCA) Capitol Hill Day and NARAL’s National Pro-Choice Lobby Day. Twenty-nine organizations will be participating.
Since their fight is not about abortion, I wonder what they will lobby for?
- Making sure Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in the nation, remains fully funded by taxpayer dollars?
- Ensuring taxpayer dollars go towards greater access and funding for abortifacients that are mislabeled “contraception” such as ella and Plan B?
Seems to me that it’s all about abortion with the FMF and their allies.