Thu Oct 17, 2013 - 6:19 pm EST
That Victoria’s Secret baby is just the tip of a disturbing trend
Update Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:54 pm EST: Police have now revealed that, contrary to the girl's claims, her baby was full term and was born alive, and then likely asphyxiated.
Today the body of a baby was discovered in the bag of a 17-year-old teen suspected of shoplifting at a Victoria's Secret store in Manhattan. People are rightly shocked by this event.
However, what if I told you that this sort of thing is happening routinely, all across the country, as well as in other parts of the world? And that the only reason that it's making national headlines this time is because the discovery of the baby's body was at a Victoria Secret store, which gives the story that extra bizarre twist, with just a hint of weird sexuality, that will grab attention?
Take a look at the following list...which is far from complete. I've simply compiled some of the most shocking, and most recent incidents.
Here are the incidents in just the past eight months or so:
- October 17 - A 17-year-old girl is stopped at a Victoria's Secret store in Manhattan for suspected shoplifting, and admits that in her bag she has the body of a baby that she gave birth to the day previous.
- October 11 - A newborn baby is found, bleeding but alive, with part of his umbilical cord still attached, abandoned on the concrete in the back yard of a house in Queen's, New York. The baby survived.
- September 19 - The body of a baby is found at a garbage dump in West Yorkshire, in the United Kingdom.
- August 28 - A woman gives birth in a bar bathroom in Pennsylvania, stuffs the baby in the water tank of a toilet, and then returns to the bar to watch a fight on TV. The body was subsequently discovered by the bar owner.
- August 7 - The body of a baby is discovered at hospital rest room in Texas.
- July 9 - Police discover the body of a baby abandoned in a diaper box in the bushes at a public park in Roseville, California.
- June 21 - The body of a small baby is found in a solid waste tank in a waste disposal plant just north of Montreal. Police say the baby was likely flushed down the toilet.
- June 21 - The body of a newborn baby is discovered in a trash can in Oildale, California.
- June 20 - An Iraqi-born UK woman is found guilty of causing grievous bodily harm after stuffing her baby in a garbage bag and throwing her down a 44 ft. garbage chute.
- June 14 - A garbage truck driver in Thailand sees a small hand emerge from a garbage bag during a pickup. The baby had a balloon tied around her throat.
- June 12 - Brittany Cole is arrested in Altheimer, Arkansas, after dumping her infant son in the trash can. She reportedly told police that she was tired of caring for the baby and could no longer do so.
- June 5 - Twenty-seven-year-old Virginia resident Shavaughn Robinson is charged after allegedly giving birth in a toilet, then placing her daughter in a trash can, and then taking the garbage bag with the baby in it out of the can and tossing it in a dumpster.
- June 4 - A dog discovers a living baby in Thailand that had been placed in a white plastic bag in a dump. The baby, which was premature, survived.
- May 30 - Police announce that charges will not be filed against a Kansas teen who gave birth and dumped the body of her baby in a trash can. The teen claimed the baby was stillborn.
- May 27 - Video footage of firefighters in Jinhua, China, rescuing a baby who had become stuck in a sewage pipe, rockets around the globe. The baby's mother apparently gave birth on the toilet, and by her own account "accidentally" flushed the baby down the toilet. The mom reportedly hid the pregnancy because the baby was not considered legal under China's brutal One-Child Policy.
- May 2 - Cherlie Lafleur, 19, is arrested in Pennsylvania after allegedly attempting to flush her newborn baby down the toilet at her school. When that didn’t work, she reportedly deposited the body in the trash can.
- Dec. 10, 2012 - The body of a newborn baby is discovered on the conveyor belt of a garbage sorting facility in La Puente, California.
Click "like" if you are PRO-LIFE!
I've been working in the news business for nearly 10 years, and I can't ever recall a similar string of incidents. Recently, to help keep all these disturbing stories organized on our website we even had to come up with a tag, the macabre, but sadly necessary "toilet births."
So why is this happening all over the place? Good question.
Last month, a prominent Catholic deacon speculated that the rash of such incidents signals the return of the ancient pagan practice of “exposure,” in which parents would simply leave their unwanted newborn babies on a rock or in the wild to die.
“It was the Christians who saved [these babies] and transformed those cultures from cultures of death into cultures of life,” wrote Deacon Keith Fournier.
However, he said, the rise of the abortion culture seems to be bringing the custom back in an unofficial form, with numerous gruesome stories emerging in recent months of parents unceremoniously discarding their newborn children.
“These contemporary examples substitute a trash can or a dumpster for the rock,” Fournier wrote.
But, he said, this trend isn't surprising, since "babies are treated as trash” in abortion clinics across the country.
It's hard to argue with that logic. Take a look at these other recent incidents:
- May 28, 2013 - Report surfaces from China about how Chinese officials forcibly aborted a mother who was 8-months pregnant, literally "yanking" her baby out of her, and then dumping it in the trash can.
- May 14, 2013 - Three former workers at a Texas abortion clinic run by abortionist Douglas Karpen step forward alleging that babies are routinely murdered after being born alive during failed late-term abortions at Karpen's clinic. One of Karpen's former assistants said the abortionist would even "twist" the babies heads off.
- May 13 - Kermit Gosnell is found guilty of murdering three babies born alive during failed abortions by "snipping" their spinal cords. His former employees alleged that "hundreds" of babies were killed in this way. In some cases their dismembered feet were kept in jars, or their bodies stuffed into plastic containers and stored in the clinic freezer.
- May 8, 2013 - Live Action release undercover footage of renowned late-term abortionist Leroy Carhart telling a woman seeking an abortion that after he kills the baby in her womb, it will soften up like "meat in a crock pot," before the body of the baby is removed three days later.
- April 29, 2013 - Live Action releases undercover footage of a worker at a late-term abortion facility telling a woman seeking an abortion to just "flush it" if the baby is accidentally born alive during the abortion. “If it comes out, then it comes out. Flush it…if anything, you know, put it in a bag or something or somewhere and bring it to us,” the counselor says.
- April 19, 2013 - A former employee of late-term abortionist Kermit Gosnell testfies in court how on one occasion a fully formed baby was born alive into a toilet. Kareema Cross said the baby was making "swimming motions" as if it was trying to get out. Another of Gosnell's employees, Adrienne Moton, then took the baby out of the toilet, and slit its spinal cord.
And this only touches the surface of similarly macabre stories that have come out of the abortion industry. The Gosnell case alone provided hundreds of pages of nausea-inducing stories of living newborn babies crying, squirming and swimming before being brutally murdered and then dumped in the trash can, or ground up in the clinic's garbage disposal.
While Gosnell was found guilty because he murdered the babies after they were born, it's clear that his crimes stemmed directly from the abortionist's mentality. In many cases if he had killed the babies minutes earlier, it would have been perfectly legal, or, at worst, a violation of the state's 24-week cut off. To him there was little difference between killing them before or after birth. And is that really all that surprising?
Recently, former Seattle City Council member Judy Nicastro wrote an article in the New York Times touting her abortion of her son at 23 weeks, saying that she was "grateful" that the late-term abortion let her son die "in a warm and loving place." In the article she describes, as if it were a beautifully emotional moment, how, "I felt my son’s budding life end as a doctor inserted a needle through my belly into his tiny heart."
Pro-life activists tend to believe that if they convince someone that the unborn child is human and alive, then they will be against abortion. But Nicastro had no doubt that that what happened during her abortion was that the abortionist killed her living son. Not a fetus, but her son. And she is "grateful" for that, and thinks it was a beautiful thing, the right thing to do.
So why are there so many stories emerging of moms or others dumping their babies into toilets or trash cans? Could it possibly be the fact that our politicians, our doctors, and our laws, all agree that killing babies and treating them like trash is acceptable, and a critical part of a "free" society? And if so, should we really be surprised when people behave as if that's actually true?
LAST CALL! Can you donate $5?
Today is the last day of our fall fundraising campaign. Can you help us reach our goal?
View CommentsClick to view or comment.