Washington, D.C., October 19, 2012, (Operation Rescue) – Operation Rescue has released a video that contrasts statements made by President Barack Obama in support of taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood with actual images and 911 audio from 14 documented medical emergencies – including one avoidable patient death – that have taken place at Planned Parenthood abortion clinics since January 2011.
“This powerful video shows how Obama’s policy of funding Planned Parenthood with public tax dollars is actually working to harm women,” said Troy Newman, the president of Operation Rescue. “Obama continues to promote and support Planned Parenthood on the campaign trail and during the Presidential Debates. We want to help the public understand the true nature of what that support is inflicting on women across the country.”
Governor Mitt Romney, who is running against Obama, has vowed to halt tax subsidies to Planned Parenthood.
The video includes the following medical emergencies at Planned Parenthood abortion clinics that have been carefully documented by Operation Rescue with the help of vigilant pro-life activists from coast to coast over the past 22 months:
1. October 13, 2012, Aurora, Illinois
2. October 2, 2012, Kenmore, Washington
3. August 23, 2012, Houston, Texas
4. August 16, 2012, Boise, Idaho
5. July 20, 2012, Chicago, Illinois (Tonya Reaves’ abortion death)
6. July 7, 2012, Boston, Massachusetts
7. March 6, 2012, St. Paul, Minnesota
8. December 20, 2011, Planned Parenthood Sioux City, Iowa
9. October 14, 2011, Virginia Beach, Virginia
10. April 14, 2011, St. Paul, Minnesota
11. April 1, 2011, Aurora, Illinois
12. March 18, 2011, Everett, Washington
13. February 12, 2011, Planned Parenthood St. Louis, Missouri
14. January 11, 2011, Planned Parenthood Boston, Massachusetts
(Click “like” if you want to end abortion!
“There can be no doubt that Planned Parenthood, the largest supplier of abortions in the nation, presents a danger to women everywhere. Obama’s shameful support of this abortion cartel is placing the lives of women at risk of bodily injury and death,” said Newman. “We cannot afford four more years of carnage against women. On November 6, we urge Americans to vote to protect the health and safety of women and their pre-born babies by voting Obama out of office.”
Among the 14 incidents in the video, documented abortion complications include hemorrhaging, uterine perforations, and incomplete abortions. The incidents presented represent only a fraction of abortion complications that occur at Planned Parenthood abortion clinics, most of which occur in secrecy.