LifeSiteNews.com is a non-profit Internet news service dedicated to issues of life, family, and many related issues. It was launched in September 1997 to especially provide an alternative to the mainstream news that was either ignoring or providing highly slanted reporting on these issues and on the activities and statements of pro-life, pro-family organizations in the world.
LifeSiteNews Daily News reports and information pages are used by numerous organizations and publications, educators, professionals and political, religious and life and family organization leaders and grassroots people across North America and internationally.
LifeSiteNews.com Daily News reports are widely circulated reports on important developments in the United States, Canada and around the world. Their purpose is to provide balance and more accurate coverage on the issues we focus on than is usually given by other media. LifeSite news reports are available by free daily email subscription and on LifeSiteNews.com.
1. Accuracy in content is given high priority. News and information tips from readers are encouraged and validated. Valid corrections are always welcome. LifeSiteNews journalism is of a professional calibre.
2. LifeSiteNews.com emphasizes the great importance to society of traditional Judeo-Christian moral principles and especially Natural Law but is also respectful of all authentic religions and cultures that esteem life, family and universal norms of morality.
3. LifeSiteNews.com’s writers and its founders and founding organization, have come to understand that respect for life and family are endangered by an international conflict. That conflict is between radically opposing views of the worth and dignity of every human life and of natural family life, freedom, faith, and community. It has been driven especially by global de-population secularists attempting to eliminate Christian morality and natural law principles which are seen as the primary obstacles to implementation of their new world order.
4. LifeSiteNews.com understands that abortion, euthanasia, cloning, “LBGTQ,etc,” de-population, alleged man-made “climate change,” world governance, radical environmentalism, and many other related issues, are all interconnected in an international conflict affecting all nations, even at the most local levels. LifeSiteNews attempts to provide its readers with the “big picture” and the most useful and up-to-date information on this conflict.
5. LifeSiteNews.com attempts to dispel confusion and ignorance, enable constructive dialogue and help informed decisions to be made and appropriate actions to be taken for the good of all.
Who Produces LifeSiteNews?
This service was originally started and operated during its first ten years by Campaign Life Coalition (CLC), the Canadian national pro-life organization headquartered in Toronto, Canada. Campaign Life Coalition, founded in 1978, was one of the first pro-life organizations to recognize and emphasize the international dimension of attacks on life and family. Along with a few other groups, it pioneered pro-life lobbying at United Nations conferences. CLC president during those ten years, Jim Hughes, was also vice-president of the International Right to Life Federation.
CLC’s international dimension spurred the development of LifeSiteNews as an international news service. LifeSiteNews.com U.S. (2007) and Canada (2009) became separately incorporated as non-profit organizations. Jim Hughes has been a board member of both branches since the incorporations, with the current president of CLC also becoming a board member on both since he assumed the presidency of CLC.
LifeSiteNews is not involved in direct political action and does not support or oppose political candidates or parties. LifeSiteNews is primarily a news and information service that has in the last several years added extensive, professional quality video programming to its services.
In recent years, because of growing, extensive discrimination against conservatives by online petition and crowdfunding services, LifeSite implemented its own, successful Life Petitions and LifeFunder services.
The 1997 original staff of LifeSiteNews are current co-presidents Steve Jalsevac and John-Henry Westen. LifeSiteNews management and journalists/researchers are located in various cities in the United States, Canada, various European nations, India and Kenya.
Americans have become by far the largest LifeSiteNews readership. Canadians are next, followed by smaller numbers of readers in many other nations.
LifeSiteNews.com networks regularly with leaders and other organizations around the world.
LifeSiteNews.com depends predominantly on the donations of generous readers to maintain its free service. It also has a limited paid advertising program.