Blogs
Featured Image
Rep. Cori Bush speaks to PBS about her forced abortion Twitter / screenshot

(LifeSiteNews) — Last year, Missouri Democratic Representative Cori Bush made headlines when she testified in Congress that she had procured an abortion as a teenager. “I know, in my situation, I did choose life because I knew that I could not take care of a child. I knew I couldn’t,” she said. “So was I supposed to put a child in harm’s way, when I knew that I mentally and physically, emotionally was not able to take care of a child?”

Bush decided to share her story in defence of abortion rights as the fall of Roe v. Wade loomed. But in a recent interview with PBS, she shared another story—the story of her second abortion. This time, her testimony shed quite a different light on the abortion industry. She was a 19-year-old student at Harris-Stowe State University, and again decided that she did not want a child at that point. When she had second thoughts, the abortion staff simply ignored her.

“I was thinking back to the first abortion. ‘Okay. You’ve done this before. You know the rooms, you know what it looks like, you know what it feels like in this space, you know what to expect. You know you may experience even some harm, or some racism in this space,'” she told the interviewer. “I thought I was ready. I went in and I went through all the steps because it’s almost like an assembly line, you know: you go from room to room.”

“And I got into the last room, I was helped up onto the table by the nurse, and I lay there, and I started to think, well, one, I didn’t tell the father that that was about to happen. I just felt like I needed more time. So I said: ‘No, you know what, I’m not ready. And the nurse just, you know, wouldn’t listen to me. And I said: ‘No, I’m not ready.’ And as I’m saying ‘No,’ they continue to pull the instruments and…get everything ready. And it was just like: ‘No, calm down. No, you’re going to be okay.’”

READ: Democrat congresswoman recalls forced abortion, says nurse ignored her requests to stop

— Article continues below Petition —
Stand with Mark Houck, a pro-life Catholic dad of 7 raided by Joe Biden's FBI
  Show Petition Text
8285 have signed the petition.
Let's get to 9000!
Thank you for signing this petition!
Add your signature:
  Show Petition Text
Keep me updated via email on this petition and related issues.

UPDATE (01/30/23): Mark Houck has been AQUITTED on both charges!

Thanks be to God that LifeSiteNews can report that Mark Houck has been found "Not Guilty" on all counts today. 

In a statement to LifeSiteNews, Pro-Life Coalition of Pennsylvania spokeswoman and Houck family friend Ashley Garecht said “We rejoice and celebrate that Mark Houck has been found not guilty on all counts.”

“This case was always about a father’s right to protect his son, and never had anything to do with the FACE act,” she said. “We are grateful to the judge for his integrity, and to the jurors for their thoughtful deliberations. We are grateful to Mark’s attorneys who labored so diligently in his defense. And we are grateful for all of those who surrounded and supported Mark and his family in prayer through this challenging ordeal.”

“Most of all we praise and thank God for his protection and provision,” Garecht added. “To Him be all the glory.”

The Thomas More Society is set to hold a press conference today on the 6th street side of the James A. Byrne U.S. Courthouse, 601 Market Street, Philadelphia.

Monday’s verdict came after a tense weekend wait following a deadlocked jury on Friday.

Several hours into Monday’s deliberations after the jury reconvened,  an alternate was chosen to replace one of the jurors. Just before 3:00 p.m. EST, the jury delivered its verdict, acquitting Houck on both charges.

----------------------------

Mark Houck, a pro-life Catholic father of 7, became the latest victim of an FBI raid and arrest on the morning of Friday September 23 — for supposed “FACE (Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances) (Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances) Act” violations — at his rural home as his children looked on “screaming.” 

The arrest and raid stems from an altercation with a Planned Parenthood worker.

According to Mark’s wife Ryan-Marie, a “pro-abortion protester” would verbally harrass Mark's 12-year old son — hurling vulgar and derogatory statements. 

When the protestor encroached in the boy's space, Mark defended his son. At that point, “Mark shoved him away from his child, and the guy fell back,” Ryan-Marie recounts.

The protestor was not injured, but he tried to sue Mark Houck for the assault but his case was thrown out of court in the early summer. 

WE CANNOT ALLOW THE LEFT TO HARRASS PRO-LIFE ADVOCATES THIS WAY!

It's vital to stand in solidarity with a pro-family and pro-life man being unjustly persecuted - please SIGN & SHARE our message of support now.

If convicted, Houck faces up to a maximum of 11 years in prison, three years of supervised release, and fines of up to $350,000, according to the Justice Department. 

Additional conservative pro-life leaders have weighed in — this is why we need your support ASAP. 

“Just in the last few days we’ve seen some pretty glaring examples of what appear to be instances of DOJ [Department of Justice] overreach. You’ve got a Catholic father of seven who formed a group designed to encourage young men to be faithful to their commitments, arrested in front of his seven children just recently. You’ve got all these instances of overreach. It’s deeply concerning to us all. These are all things we’re gonna be looking into.”  — US Senator Mike Lee

Tell the Houck family that you stand by them!

SIGN: We stand with pro-life Catholic dad of 7 raided by Biden’s FBI 

Please share this petition widely. Let's stand in solidarity with Mark Houck and his family. 

Thank you. 

  Hide Petition Text

At this point, the interviewer asked for clarification: “So you were telling them that you didn’t want to move forward?”

“Yes,” Bush replied.

“And they were ignoring you?”

“Oh, they absolutely ignored me,” Bush recounted. “Even to the point of, you know, like ‘calm down.’ As if I were the problem. And so I didn’t really know… I didn’t understand at that point where I had a voice… I remember laying there looking to see if there was someone else in the room that would listen to me. And they ended up putting, during this time, they put the instrument inside me and started the instrument. I’m saying ‘No,’ but it was too late because you couldn’t stop once you started… Multiple times I felt it was like ‘We know better. You don’t know what you need.’”

Just to recount Bush’s story: She changed her mind about having an abortion, told the abortion staff this multiple times, but they simply ignored her pleas as she looked desperately about for someone to help her, inserted the abortion instrument inside her against her will, and suctioned out her child. This was a forced abortion, and if the press did not care so desperately about hiding the extremism about the abortion industry and condemning pro-life laws, this story would be headline news everywhere. Bush’s experience echoes that of many, many other women who have been victimized by this bloody industry. Choice, as is so often the case, has little to do with it—not for many of the women who suffer coercion and victimization, and certainly not the voiceless child reduced to bloody slurry before seeing the light of day.

Featured Image

Jonathon Van Maren is a public speaker, writer, and pro-life activist. His commentary has been translated into more than eight languages and published widely online as well as print newspapers such as the Jewish Independent, the National Post, the Hamilton Spectator and others. He has received an award for combating anti-Semitism in print from the Jewish organization B’nai Brith. His commentary has been featured on CTV Primetime, Global News, EWTN, and the CBC as well as dozens of radio stations and news outlets in Canada and the United States.

He speaks on a wide variety of cultural topics across North America at universities, high schools, churches, and other functions. Some of these topics include abortion, pornography, the Sexual Revolution, and euthanasia. Jonathon holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in history from Simon Fraser University, and is the communications director for the Canadian Centre for Bio-Ethical Reform.

Jonathon’s first book, The Culture War, was released in 2016.

5 Comments

    Loading...