December 15, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – Justin Trudeau’s government is sparking outrage among people of faith and conscience yet again this week after telling Members of Parliament that they will force employers to support abortion and transgenderism in order to get student summer job funding.
This news is only Trudeau’s latest attack on people of faith. The prime minister who so admires China for its “basic dictatorship” began his mandate with a mission to transform Canadian society into his libertine, anti-life image, and he has pursued this agenda with utter resolve.
Here is a quick list, in chronological order, of some of the Trudeau government’s most anti-life, anti-family, and anti-freedom actions while in office.
- The Trudeau government pledges $81 million to the United Nations Population Fund, in part to help fund abortions in developing countries.
- The Trudeau government shuts down the Office of Religious Freedom, launched by the previous Stephen Harper government to defend the rights of persecuted religious minorities overseas.
- Prince Edward Island announces it will begin offering abortions on-island after intense pressure from the Trudeau government, including a threat to withhold general health funding.
- The Trudeau government passes a bill legalizing euthanasia and assisted suicide, after having shut down debate and refused to pass a conscience rights amendment.
- Trudeau becomes Canada’s first Prime Minister to raise the rainbow “LGBT flag” on Parliament Hill, and to march in a Gay Pride Parade. In marching, he carries a distorted Canadian flag featuring rainbow colors.
- Trudeau’s Status of Women Department says they’ll give money to organizations with views that differ from the Liberal government, so long as they’re all pro-abortion.
- Canadians learn that the Trudeau government is forcing public servants to take a pro-LGBT ‘gender equality’ test, with unspecified consequences if they refused or failed to provide the appropriate ‘feminist’ answers.
- Trudeau announces $650 million to promote “sexual and reproductive rights” in developing countries, earmarking $241 million specifically to abortion groups such as Planned Parenthood and Marie Stopes International.
- LifeSite reveals that the Canada Revenue Agency is ramping up its promotion of LGBT issues in the workplace, for example by marking these new LGBT-themed days every year: the International Day of Pink, the International Day against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia, and Pride Month.
- Trudeau, wearing Muslim socks, marches with his wife and two children in Toronto’s famously lewd Pride Parade.
- Trudeau’s development minister says abortion is a “tool to end poverty” in promoting their overseas abortion funding.
- The Canadian military under Trudeau responds to Trump’s ban on transgender military members by trumpeting the fact that they actively recruit LGBT people.
- Trudeau uses his international role as Canadian Prime Minister to promote abortion in Ireland as the country considers overturning its pro-life amendment.
- Trudeau’s Liberal Party walks out on a Status of Women Committee meeting because a pro-life woman was nominated to chair the committee.
- The Trudeau government forgets to mention Jews on a plaque dedicating the National Holocaust Memorial. Instead they used the plaque to promote their general talking points against “hate, intolerance, and discrimination.”
- Trudeau defends his Governor General after she derided people of faith who believe God created life.
- The government is forced to back down from a plan to to remove the only Criminal Code provision protecting freedom of worship, citing the fact that they received an “avalanche” of opposition.
- Trudeau promises to stamp out opposition to the LGBT agenda in a high-profile “apology” on behalf of the Canadian government. At the same time, he promised $16 million to launch an LGBT propaganda campaign, ostensibly as reparation for historical wrongs to LGBT people.
- Trudeau appoints “feminist” Sheilah Martin as a new Supreme Court justice. Martin was the first judge to approve an assisted suicide in Canada.
- The Trudeau government plans to announce that employers applying for the Canada Summer Jobs Program must sign an “attestation” that they support abortion and transgenderism. The decision effectively bars not only pro-life and pro-family groups from the program, but all employers who hold such views including faith-based institutions.