Cardinal Sarah decries “attempt to make homosexuality the cornerstone of a new global ethic”
I strongly suggest reading all four reports if this is the first that you have read. Each report covers different issues.
Purchasing and reading the book, God or Nothing will lead to a better appreciation of Cardinal Sarah’s statements. His life story and the more detailed answers to the numerous questions presented by Nicolas Diat, provide essential context.
Cardinal Sarah is a true Catholic Shepherd. He far more fears offending God by not preaching and teaching what a Catholic bishop is called to teach at this time in history, than he fears losing status or admiration from the world.
It is interesting that, on the issue of homosexuality, the good Cardinal shares the view of LifeSite that, “The chief enemies of homosexual persons are the LGBT lobbies” and powerful international forces funding and pushing them. This descendent of the apostles truly wishes to save and defend the lives and souls of those who enter into this dangerous behavior.
1) Sexual Morality
(Without an authentic spiritual life, none will see what Sarah sees. Spiritual blindness is dominant in our time)
p.156 Morality is fundamentally a consequence of the Christian faith
p.157 In a hyper-eroticized society, which tries to convince people that man is fulfilled only through unbridled sexuality, it seems me that women's dignity has had major setbacks. The West is the continent that most shamefully humiliates and despises women by publicly stripping them naked and utilizing them for hedonistic commercial purposes.
p.158 How are we to understand the fact that the major UN agencies that claim to champion human rights do not fight vigorously against the powerful European and American sex industry? All of these dark clouds are signs of a world that lives far from Christ. Without the Son of God, man is lost and humanity has no more future.
p.159 Gender ideology has become the perverse condition for cooperation and development.
- I have noticed the existence of international programs that impose abortion and the sterilization of women. These policies are all more hideous because most African populations are defenseless, at the mercy of fanatical Western ideologues. The poor are asking for a little aid, and some people are cruel enough to poison their minds. Africa and Asia absolutely must protect their cultures and their own values. International agencies in fact have no right to practice this new Malthusian, brutal colonialism. Out of ignorance or complicity, African and Asian governments would be guilty of allowing their people to be euthanized. Mankind would lose much if these continents were to fall into the huge, formless magma of a globalization, which is directed toward an inhumane ideal that is in fact a hideous, barbaric oligarchy.
2) Homosexuality: “the cornerstone of a new global ethic”
(Here Sarah asks a question that everyone should be asking, but few do ask.)
- The Holy See must play it's part. We cannot accept the propaganda and the pressure groups of the LGBT lobby – lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered. The process is all the more unsettling for being rapid and recent. Why this frenzied desire to impose theory? An anthropological vision that was unknown a few years ago, the product of the strange thought of a few sociologists and writers like Michel Foucault, should suddenly become the world's new El Dorado? It is impossible to remain complacent in the presence of such an immoral and demonic deception.
p.160 Behind this Promethean vision of Africa or Asia there is the mark of the devil.
- The chief enemies of homosexual persons are the LGBT lobbies. It is a serious error to reduce an individual to his behavior, especially sexual behavior. Nature always ends up having its revenge.
p.164 I observe an attempt by some influential structures to make homosexuality the cornerstone of a new global ethic. Every extremist ideological project bears within it its own failure; in the short-term, I fear that homosexual persons will be the first victims of such political excesses.
p.280 While Christians are dying for their faith and their fidelity to Jesus, in the West, men of the Church are trying to reduce the requirements of the Gospel to a minimum.
- (This was also included in the previous report under the section on mercy) We go so far as to exploit the mercy of God, stifling justice and truth, so as to "welcome" homosexual persons - as the Relatio post disceptationem from the last Synod on the family in October 2014 puts it - who "have gifts and qualities to offer to the Christian community". Moreover, this document goes on to say that "the question of homosexuality requires serious reflection on how to devise realistic approaches to affective growth, human development, and maturation in the gospel, while integrating the sexual aspect". In fact, the real scandal is not the existence of sinners, for mercy and forgiveness always exist precisely for them, but rather the confusion between good and evil caused by Catholic shepherds. If men who are consecrated to God are no longer capable of understanding the radical nature of the Gospel message and seek to anaesthetize it, we will be going the wrong way. For that is the real failure of mercy.
(Again a spiritual perspective, that reveals the deadly truth about euthanasia)
p.161 Euthanasia is the most acute indication of a Godless subhuman society that has lost hope.
- If we do not overcome the culture of death, mankind is headed for its perdition. Now, at the beginning of the third millennium, the destruction of human life is no longer a barbaric act but a sign of progress in civilization; the law takes a right to individual liberty as the pretext for giving man the option to kill his neighbor. The world becomes a real hell. This is no longer a sort of decadence but, rather, a dictatorship of horror, a programmed Genocide of which the Western powers are guilty.