(LifeSiteNews) – If the transgender movement completes their takeover of mainstream Western society – and they appear on the verge of doing so in some countries – a key reason will be due to the outright lies and propaganda propagated by the mainstream media on their behalf. I know I’ve covered this particular angle in this space quite a number of times – these days I find that sane people have to act as “translators” when reading coverage of the gender issue in mainstream media – but it is essential to point out just how pervasive and egregious it is.
Consider, for example, coverage of the recent move by Texas Governor Greg Abbott, who issued an executive order directing family services to investigate doctors and parents ushering children on a path to hormone blockers and sex change surgeries. There has been much evidence in recent years – laid out most compellingly by Abigail Shrier in her book Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters – of how dangerous these drugs and procedures are. But in response to the Texas move, the media spoke with a single voice. Here are the headlines:
- “Anti-trans policies run counter to Texas’s rich transgender history”—Washington Post
- “How Medical Care for Transgender Youth Became ‘Child Abuse’ in Texas”—New York Times
- “Apple, Google, Ikea, and others urge Texas to drop transgender policy”—Axios
- “Transgender youth are the new target for Republican culture warriors”—Toronto Star
- “Trans, gay teens on how ‘don’t say gay’ law and Texas order harm LGBTQ kids”—The CBC
The same is true for the recent law in Florida, which the entire media is calling the “Don’t Say Gay” law. The reality is that the Parental Rights in Education Bill simply prohibits schools from discussing sexual orientation and gender identity from kindergarten to the third grade. The absolute hysteria from LGBT activists is not just disgusting, it is sinister. Why do they want to speak to children eight years old and younger about sexuality and gender identity so much? We know the answer.
We must pray for peace at this time where war has broken out between Russia and Ukraine.
This sudden escalation in hostilities, since Russia declared support for the independence of two ethnic-Russian parts of Ukraine, is tragic.
We must pray for an end to the armed conflict and that it does not devolve into world war.
Please SIGN this PRAYER PLEDGE FOR PEACE, and pledge to pray for peace in Ukraine now.
Thousands have already died, lost homes and are suffering the ravages of war. The only real peace comes from Jesus Christ and in Him alone can we find truth and true peace.
Thank you for SIGNING and SHARING this PRAYER PLEDGE FOR PEACE.
*To fulfill your pledge, please recite any prayer of your choosing, like the Our Father, the Hail Mary, the Gloria, the Holy Rosary, or any prayer in your own words, to God for a peaceful resolution to this conflict.
**Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com
However, the LGBT movement claimed this was an attack on children with gay family members and LGBT members themselves. Despite the fact that the bill has nothing to do with “don’t say gay,” the media got behind this overtly propagandistic slogan with great enthusiasm. Consider:
- “Florida Just Passed The ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill”— Time
- “‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill passes Florida Senate”— BBC News
- “Florida lawmakers pass ‘Don’t Say Gay’”— ABC News
- “Florida House passes ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill”— NBC News
- “Florida House passes controversial ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill”— CBS News
- “‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill passes in the Florida House”— NPR
- “Bills like ‘Don’t Say Gay’ hurt LGBTQ youth already at high risk of suicide”—USA Today
- “White House slams ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill that Ron DeSantis backs”—USA Today
- “LGBTQ youth in Florida say proposed “Don’t Say Gay” bill in state ‘is really a death sentence’”—CBS News
Again, keep in mind—this bill merely restricts discussing transgenderism and sexual orientation for those eight years old and younger. In response, the media adopted a political slogan coined by the LGBT movement, used it to describe the law rather than using the bill’s actual name – which, again, is the Parental Rights in Education Bill – and worked overtime to create the global impression that the Florida governor was actively attempting to “erase” LGBT people. The number of people who actually know what the bill says is minuscule, because almost no mainstream media outlets were reporting honestly on the actual text of the legislation. Instead, they were publishing ludicrous “human interest” stories about how LGBT youth would be suicidal because they wouldn’t be taught about gender transition at age seven or…something.
There is a battle for the hearts and minds going on, and the mainstream media are not even attempting any level of objectivity. Instead, they are actively and knowingly lying to us to serve the political agenda of an anti-Christian movement that seeks to remake the West in its own image. It is succeeding. The mainstream media are the rainbow Pravda. We should remember that.