(LifeSiteNews) – After my political awakening about a dozen years ago, I sensed that our American freedoms were endangered by our too-big, overreaching Leviathan government and so I co-founded National Capital Tea Party Patriots.
I then planted myself firmly on the front lines of the marriage battle, fighting to protect conjugal – one man and one woman – marriage in the leadup to the Supreme Court’s disastrous Obergefell decision. In the years since, I’ve done the best I can to warn about the quiet infiltration of LGBT influence within Christian and conservative circles.
The threat we now face within our government at every level and within virtually every public and private institution is exponentially larger. It has a name: “Woke Neo-Marxism” promoted by globalist elites. It has the power to destroy everything.
The fabric of our nation and the western world continues to be brutally picked apart and shredded by Globalist powers who, in order to “Reset” civilization, have made it their mission to destroy the immutable definitions of marriage and family, man and woman, mother and father, boy and girl, and son and daughter, while demonizing religion, patriotism, and law and order.
It has become clear to me that there is only one course of action available to avoid the impoverished serfdom – if not annihilation – that Globalist elites have planned for us. It too has a name: National Conservatism. Some call it “Christian Conservatism.” Both are accurate descriptions of the movement, and yet you’ve probably never heard of it.
A few weeks ago, I attended the third National Conservatism Conference, better known as NatCon 3, in Miami, Florida, as a correspondent for LifeSiteNews. While I was busy around the clock funneling information to my colleagues in their offices around the country, conducting interviews, and tweeting news from the conference in real time as much as I could, I was taken by surprise: I found myself heartened and inspired by presentation after presentation.
Christian Conservative Nationalism is a big deal. It makes the case for ending the era of Libertarian “small-government conservatism” while promoting religion as the center of public life. It goes beyond social conservatism: It calls for the United States to be an unequivocally, unambiguously Christian nation based on the Bible.
“Without the Bible, there is no modernity. Without the Bible, there is no America,” warned Republican U.S. Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri during his NatCon 3 speech. The real target of the Woke Neo-Marxists “is the inheritance of the Bible. What they particularly dislike about America is our dependence on biblical teaching and tradition.”
The movement away from globalism toward National Conservatism is what recently propelled Giorgia Meloni to become Italy’s next Prime Minister. Meloni spoke at a National Conservatism conference in Rome in early 2020, and at the World Congress of Families in 2019 where she asked questions on the minds of many:
Why is the family an enemy? Why is the family so frightening?
Because everything that defines us is now an enemy… And so [the Globalist Marxists] attack national identity, they attack religious identity, they attack gender identity, they attack family identity …
I cannot define myself as Italian, Christian, woman, mother. No. I must be … ‘gender x,’ ‘parent 1’… I must be a number …
We will defend God, country and family. Those things that disgust people so much. We will do it to defend our freedom because we will never be slaves.
Many similar simple declarative statements at the Miami conference were equally riveting because they expressed concerns and truisms residing deep in the gut of so many Americans, including me.
“This country is on the brink. It’s at the very end of what decadence can sustain. It’s on the edge. This country is in a moment where it’s do or die,” said Yoram Hazony, a conservative Jew and chief organizer of the conference.
He then made a stunning statement: “The only thing that is strong enough to stop Woke Neo-Marxism is Biblical Christianity.”
“Here’s the thing: You are going to have to change your lives. Because if America is going to change, it’s going to change because you decide that Christianity is going to be restored as the public culture of the United States,” Hazony adjured.
And then he repeated his declaration: “I’m telling you that the only thing that is strong enough to stop Woke Neo-Marxism – the religion of Woke Neo-Marxism – is the religion of Biblical Christianity.”
The Daily Wire’s Michael Knowles took the podium and said Christian Nationalism is the opposite of “Atheist Globalism” and that “The soul of America is and always has been essentially Christian.” He continued:
At the level of the soul, Liberals seek to corrupt the nation, perverting and in fact inverting the nation’s animating spirit, its moral and religious order. Until 1963, public schools taught the Bible and banned pornography. Since 1963, public schools ban the Bible and, increasingly, teach pornography.
If the schools teach Biblical morality, then they can’t teach genderqueer morality.
If the schools teach genderqueer morality, then they can’t teach Biblical morality.
This inversion in the latter half of the 20th century was not a development or an evolution of our national character, nor was it a neutral expansion of free speech. It was a spiritual revolution, a change in religion, a reordering of the nation’s soul.
With 100 heroic speakers at NatCon 3, wide ranging common sense truths – about transgenderism, abortion, fatherhood, the important role of religion, energy policy, open borders, reeling in Big Tech, election integrity, purging or dismantling the FBI and DOJ, China diplomacy and so much more – routinely suppressed by legacy and social media and often ignored by the woke-compliant D.C. GOP establishment were proclaimed loud and clear.
Witness to history
What I saw at NatCon 3 surpasses any historic event I’ve previously had the privilege to witness, and I’ve seen my share.
In 2014, I attended the Vatican’s International Ecumenical Colloquium on The Complementarity of Man and Woman, held in the Synod Hall, with Pope Francis and an array of Catholic prelates and other religious leaders present.
Sadly, it was not enough to head off instituting same-sex “marriage” in western nations. The U.S. Supreme Court’s Obergefell ruling would be announced just seven months later.
I was there for the Tea Party’s inception. In September 2009, hundreds of thousands of people poured into Washington, D.C. for the 9/12 Taxpayer March and Rally – an exponentially larger number than hoped for or expected. It was thrilling. I had goosebumps. I knew I was witnessing something historic. “Outside the beltway,” Americans had finally awakened and said, “Enough is enough.” The Tea Party movement had a huge impact on the 2010 midterm elections, when a red tsunami swept Republicans into Congress and statehouses across the country.
It too was not enough. After all, look at where the country now stands today.
I again witnessed history when Donald Trump spoke at the 2020 March for Life Rally on the National Mall. I was privileged to be there, and knew something was in the air, something I had never before sensed at any of the previous Marches for Life in which I had participated.
Then just 2 1/2 years later, I was standing in front of the U.S. Supreme Court when the Dobbs decision was announced, overturning Roe v Wade. That was an historic, euphoric moment, but so far it too has proved not to be enough to push back against the culture of death that has gripped America.
However, my sense of being present for history-in-the-making at NatCon 3 surpassed anything I had experienced at any of those previous momentous events.
I realized I was likely witnessing a pivotal point in the history of western civilization, the beginnings of an important movement of great import to the U.S. and to the world. I watched the coming together of elite thinkers essentially hitching their wagon to the legions of MAGA supporters, to face head-on the Globalist Woke Neo-Marxist threat.
We are powerless to resist globalism on our own. Crushing laws, regulations, and censorship will either enslave us or snuff us out. Only nations – Christian nations – will be powerful enough to stand against atheist globalism.
Christian Conservative Nationalism is our best hope.
More to come.
National Conservatism: A Statement of Principles
We are citizens of Western nations who have watched with alarm as the traditional beliefs, institutions, and liberties underpinning life in the countries we love have been progressively undermined and overthrown.
We see the tradition of independent, self-governed nations as the foundation for restoring a proper public orientation toward patriotism and courage, honor and loyalty, religion and wisdom, congregation and family, man and woman, the sabbath and the sacred, and reason and justice. We are conservatives because we see such virtues as essential to sustaining our civilization. We see such a restoration as the prerequisite for recovering and maintaining our freedom, security, and prosperity.
We emphasize the idea of the nation because we see a world of independent nations—each pursuing its own national interests and upholding national traditions that are its own—as the only genuine alternative to universalist ideologies now seeking to impose a homogenizing, locality-destroying imperium over the entire globe.
Drawing on this heritage, we therefore affirm the following principles:
- National Independence. We wish to see a world of independent nations. Each nation capable of self-government should chart its own course in accordance with its own particular constitutional, linguistic, and religious inheritance. Each has a right to maintain its own borders and conduct policies that will benefit its own people. We endorse a policy of rearmament by independent self-governing nations and of defensive alliances whose purpose is to deter imperialist aggression.
- Rejection of Imperialism and Globalism. We support a system of free cooperation and competition among nation-states, working together through trade treaties, defensive alliances, and other common projects that respect the independence of their members. But we oppose transferring the authority of elected governments to transnational or supranational bodies—a trend that pretends to high moral legitimacy even as it weakens representative government, sows public alienation and distrust, and strengthens the influence of autocratic regimes. Accordingly, we reject imperialism in its various contemporary forms: We condemn the imperialism of China, Russia, and other authoritarian powers. But we also oppose the liberal imperialism of the last generation, which sought to gain power, influence, and wealth by dominating other nations and trying to remake them in its own image.
- National Government. The independent nation-state is instituted to establish a more perfect union among the diverse communities, parties, and regions of a given nation, to provide for their common defense and justice among them, and to secure the general welfare and the blessings of liberty for this time and for future generations. We believe in a strong but limited state, subject to constitutional restraints and a division of powers. We recommend a drastic reduction in the scope of the administrative state and the policy-making judiciary that displace legislatures representing the full range of a nation’s interests and values. We recommend the federalist principle, which prescribes a delegation of power to the respective states or subdivisions of the nation so as to allow greater variation, experimentation, and freedom. However, in those states or subdivisions in which law and justice have been manifestly corrupted, or in which lawlessness, immorality, and dissolution reign, national government must intervene energetically to restore order.
- God and Public Religion. No nation can long endure without humility and gratitude before God and fear of his judgment that are found in authentic religious tradition. For millennia, the Bible has been our surest guide, nourishing a fitting orientation toward God, to the political traditions of the nation, to public morals, to the defense of the weak, and to the recognition of things rightly regarded as sacred. The Bible should be read as the first among the sources of a shared Western civilization in schools and universities, and as the rightful inheritance of believers and non-believers alike. Where a Christian majority exists, public life should be rooted in Christianity and its moral vision, which should be honored by the state and other institutions both public and private. At the same time, Jews and other religious minorities are to be protected in the observance of their own traditions, in the free governance of their communal institutions, and in all matters pertaining to the rearing and education of their children. Adult individuals should be protected from religious or ideological coercion in their private lives and in their homes.
- The Rule of Law. We believe in the rule of law. By this we mean that citizens and foreigners alike, and both the government and the people, must accept and abide by the laws of the nation. In America, this means accepting and living in accordance with the Constitution of 1787, the amendments to it, duly enacted statutory law, and the great common law inheritance. All agree that the repair and improvement of national legal traditions and institutions is at times necessary. But necessary change must take place through the law. This is how we preserve our national traditions and our nation itself. Rioting, looting, and other unacceptable public disorder should be swiftly put to an end.
- Free Enterprise. We believe that an economy based on private property and free enterprise is best suited to promoting the prosperity of the nation and accords with traditions of individual liberty that are central to the Anglo-American political tradition. We reject the socialist principle, which supposes that the economic activity of the nation can be conducted in accordance with a rational plan dictated by the state. But the free market cannot be absolute. Economic policy must serve the general welfare of the nation. Today, globalized markets allow hostile foreign powers to despoil America and other countries of their manufacturing capacity, weakening them economically and dividing them internally. At the same time, trans-national corporations showing little loyalty to any nation damage public life by censoring political speech, flooding the country with dangerous and addictive substances and pornography, and promoting obsessive, destructive personal habits. A prudent national economic policy should promote free enterprise, but it must also mitigate threats to the national interest, aggressively pursue economic independence from hostile powers, nurture industries crucial for national defense, and restore and upgrade manufacturing capabilities critical to the public welfare. Crony capitalism, the selective promotion of corporate profit-making by organs of state power, should be energetically exposed and opposed.
- Public Research. At a time when China is rapidly overtaking America and the Western nations in fields crucial for security and defense, a Cold War-type program modeled on DARPA, the “moon-shot,” and SDI is needed to focus large-scale public resources on scientific and technological research with military applications, on restoring and upgrading national manufacturing capacity, and on education in the physical sciences and engineering. On the other hand, we recognize that most universities are at this point partisan and globalist in orientation and vehemently opposed to nationalist and conservative ideas. Such institutions do not deserve taxpayer support unless they rededicate themselves to the national interest. Education policy should serve manifest national needs.
- Family and Children. We believe the traditional family is the source of society’s virtues and deserves greater support from public policy. The traditional family, built around a lifelong bond between a man and a woman, and on a lifelong bond between parents and children, is the foundation of all other achievements of our civilization. The disintegration of the family, including a marked decline in marriage and childbirth, gravely threatens the wellbeing and sustainability of democratic nations. Among the causes are an unconstrained individualism that regards children as a burden, while encouraging ever more radical forms of sexual license and experimentation as an alternative to the responsibilities of family and congregational life. Economic and cultural conditions that foster stable family and congregational life and child-raising are priorities of the highest order.
- Immigration. Immigration has made immense contributions to the strength and prosperity of Western nations. But today’s penchant for uncontrolled and unassimilated immigration has become a source of weakness and instability, not strength and dynamism, threatening internal dissension and ultimately dissolution of the political community. We note that Western nations have benefited from both liberal and restrictive immigration policies at various times. We call for much more restrictive policies until these countries summon the wit to establish more balanced, productive, and assimilationist policies. Restrictive policies may sometimes include a moratorium on immigration.
Race. We believe that all men are created in the image of God and that public policy should reflect that fact. No person’s worth or loyalties can be judged by the shape of his features, the color of his skin, or the results of a lab test. The history of racialist ideology and oppression and its ongoing consequences require us to emphasize this truth. We condemn the use of state and private institutions to discriminate and divide us against one another on the basis of race. The cultural sympathies encouraged by a decent nationalism offer a sound basis for conciliation and unity among diverse communities. The nationalism we espouse respects, and indeed combines, the unique needs of particular minority communities and the common good of the nation as a whole.