Pro-abortion actress tweets, ‘You don’t need a father’—on Father’s Day
June 20, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – Leave it to leftist, pro-abortion feminist actor Lena Dunham to tweet that fathers aren't necessary – on Father's Day.
Dunham tweeted on Sunday: "You don't need a father--so many families work so many ways--but if you have one, he better werk."
Among those blasting Dunham’s tweet was President Trump’s son, Donald Trump Jr., who tweeted: “It never ends. Would be great to have just 1 day without the unnecessary SJW commentary. Doubt there was a similar comment on Mother's Day.”
Trump’s tweet originally contained a copy of Dunham tweet questioning the need for fathers, but since she deleted it, that part now reads, “This tweet is unavailable.”
For the record, I'm too old and uncool to have a clue about what Dunham means by spelling "werk" that way. One Urban Dictionary definition has it as: “To do something to an exceedingly excellent capacity. Most notably used in reference to dancing, modeling, sexual prowess and/or other physical performance that requires a large amount of fiery attitude, vitality and vigor.”
Dunham is quite the leftist provocateur. In previous incidents grabbing headlines, she has:
- tweeted that she wished she had an abortion, and then apologized for that tweet (2016);
- dressed up as a Planned Parenthood abortionist (she said “doctor”) on Halloween (2015);
- joked about whether a pregnant Kate Middleton would keep her baby (more abortion humor, 2014);
- praised a sympathetic, pro-abortion documentary about murdered late-term abortionist George Tiller as a "beautiful, sensitively made film”;
- and made a crude joke about her genitals after Donald Trump won the election.