Still need convincing? Here are 20 more reasons to be grateful for President Trump
July 14, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – This is Part 2 of four articles on President Trump. See part 1 here. Below is a list of many other notable positive actions by the president for which all who treasure life, family, and faith should praise and thank him. Undoubtedly, I have missed other items. If you are aware of any, please note them by entering them in a comment under the story in Disqus comments.
1. November 23, 2016 — Trump appointed pro-life Gov. Nikki Haley as UN ambassador. This signaled a total reversal of the Obama direction at the United Nations.
2. December 25, 2016 — Trump named strong social conservative, Dr. Ben Carson, as his choice for secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Carson was confirmed in the position on March 2, 2017.
3. January 23, 2017 — Trump reinstated the Mexico City Policy ban on U.S. funding to defunding International Planned Parenthood and foreign pro-abortion groups. It was not just a repeat of the old Republican policy. In fact, it is vastly stronger.
4. January 25, 2017 — President Trump very publicly called out mainstream media for failing to the cover the annual March for Life in Washington, D.C. Jeanne Mancini, president of the March for Life, stated, “We have never seen anything like this.” 5. Trump also sent Vice President Pence and his counselor, Kellyanne Conway, to speak to the March. A president has never sent such senior representatives to speak at this annual event that takes place steps from the White House. Because of President Trump’s actions, the major television networks covered the March for Life 37 times more this year than in 2016.
6. February 2, 2017 – The president spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast. He said the world has a duty to stop the genocide of Christians in the Middle East, that we "must never, ever" stop asking God for wisdom, and he declared that America will flourish "when religious liberty can flourish."
7. February 21, 2017 — Melania Trump surprised her husband by leading the Lord’s Prayer at a Trump rally and the president publicly complimented her for this. 8. Donald Trump has consistently been bringing God back into government and invoking His name for the good of the nation. That has been a vast change from President Obama’s mostly secularist but also Islam-fawning approach.
9. April 13, 2017 — Trump signed a law overturning a last-minute Obama-era regulation, H.J. Res. 43, forcing states to fund Planned Parenthood.
10. April 26, 2017 - Trump signed an executive order to pull the federal government out of K-12 education, following through on a campaign promise to return school control to state and local officials. The order, dubbed the “Education Federalism Executive Order,” will launch a 300-day review of Obama-era regulations and guidance for school districts.
11. April 28, 2017 — Trump appointed leading U.S. pro-life activist Dr. Charmaine Yoest to be Assistant Secretary of Public Affairs at the Department of Health and Human Services. This was major.
12. May 2, 2017 — President Trump named pro-life activist Teresa Manning, a law professor with a pro-life background who has questioned the effectiveness of contraception, to deputy assistant secretary in the Office of Population Affairs of the Health and Human Services Department (HHS).
13. May 23, 2017 — President Trump's 2018 budget proposal had one goal of withholding all federal funds from abortion-provider Planned Parenthood. As it has turned out, this has proved to be much more difficult to implement than expected, but the effort is consistently being made. Divisions among Republicans in Congress and in the Senate have created severe challenges for Trump’s promises to defund abortions in the U.S. and to repeal and replace the Obamacare disaster.
14. May 23, 2017 — Trump hired another top social conservative, Shannon Royce, former chief of staff at the Family Research Council, to serve as the Director of the Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships at HHS
15. April 11, 2017 — President Trump appointed social conservative Roger Severino to head the Office of Civil Rights of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in a choice celebrated by pro-family advocates and condemned by pro-LGBTQ leftists.
16. April 4, 2017 — The Trump administration withdrew U.S. funding from the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) because of its participation in China's forced abortion regime.
17. June 20, 2017 — In the last of four successful Republicans wins in recent special elections, pro-life candidate Karen Handel beat her pro-abortion opponent despite his having received massive, out-of-state Democrat funding. These wins by conservative candidates were seen to reflect public approval of the Trump presidency that contradicted the claims of the constant Democrat and allied media Trump-hate-generating campaign.
18. June 22, 2017 — The Trump administration told the United Nations: Abortion is not "family planning."
19. July 13, 2017 — Under President Donald Trump, more Christian refugees have been admitted to the United States in the first six months of 2017 than Muslim refugees, a departure from the Obama-era.
20. July 13, 2017 - Planned Parenthood Federation of America President Cecile Richards says the Trump administration has already done more to set back the nation’s largest abortion provider than any other in the last half-century.
This ends Part 2 of 4-part series of articles on Trump’s accomplishments and some notable failures to date on social conservative issues.
See Part 1 - All conservatives must support President Trump… the stakes couldn’t be higher
Part 3 - Trump has saved entire world from devastations of globalist Paris Climate Agreement
The fourth article will address the very disappointing actions to date by the Trump administration on the gay, transgender and religious freedom issues and some of the mitigating reasons for Trump’s inadequate actions on these highly contentious issues.
View CommentsClick to view or comment.