UPDATED: 62 more reasons to be grateful for President Trump
This article is Part 2 of a 5-part series on Trump and the life and family issues. See other parts:
Part 1 - U.S. in danger over extreme, out-of-control leftist reactions to Trump presidency
Part 3 - Trump has saved many nations from evils of globalist Paris Climate Agreement
Part 4 - The evidence: Trump fails on gay/trans/religious liberty issues
Part 5 - Here’s why Trump is caving on gay ‘marriage’ and transgender ‘rights’’
Editor's Note: This article was updated June 13, 2018
July 14, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – Following is a list of many notable positive actions by the president for which all who treasure life, family, and faith should praise and thank him:
1. November 23, 2016 — Trump appointed pro-life Gov. Nikki Haley as UN ambassador. This signaled a total reversal of the Obama direction at the United Nations.
2. December 25, 2016 — Trump named strong social conservative, Dr. Ben Carson, as his choice for secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Carson was confirmed in the position on March 2, 2017.
3. January 23, 2017 — Trump reinstated the Mexico City Policy ban on U.S. funding of International Planned Parenthood and foreign pro-abortion groups. It was not just a repeat of the old Republican policy. In fact, it is vastly stronger.
4. January 25, 2017 — President Trump very publicly called out mainstream media for failing to the cover the annual March for Life in Washington, D.C. Jeanne Mancini, president of the March for Life, stated, “We have never seen anything like this.” 5. Trump also sent Vice President Pence and his counselor, Kellyanne Conway, to speak to the March. A president has never sent such senior representatives to speak at this annual event that takes place steps from the White House. Because of President Trump’s actions, the major television networks covered the March for Life 37 times more this year than in 2016.
6. February 2, 2017 – The president spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast. He said the world has a duty to stop the genocide of Christians in the Middle East, that we "must never, ever" stop asking God for wisdom, and he declared that America will flourish "when religious liberty can flourish."
7. February 13, 2017 - The Trump administration announced it will not defend the Obama administration's transgender school bathrooms mandate. More angry condemnations of Trump resulted.
8. February 21, 2017 — Melania Trump surprised her husband by leading the Lord’s Prayer at a Trump rally and the president publicly complimented her for this.
9. Donald Trump has consistently been bringing God back into government and invoking His name for the good of the nation. That has been a vast change from President Obama’s mostly secularist but also Islam-fawning approach.
10. April 13, 2017 — Trump signed a law overturning a last-minute Obama-era regulation, H.J. Res. 43, forcing states to fund Planned Parenthood.
11. April 26, 2017 - Trump signed an executive order to pull the federal government out of K-12 education, following through on a campaign promise to return school control to state and local officials. The order, dubbed the “Education Federalism Executive Order,” will launch a 300-day review of Obama-era regulations and guidance for school districts.
12. April 28, 2017 — Trump appointed leading U.S. pro-life activist Dr. Charmaine Yoest to be Assistant Secretary of Public Affairs at the Department of Health and Human Services.
13. May 2, 2017 - Trump broke with the Obama tradition of designating June as ‘LGBT Pride Month’. He has received intense condemnations for doing so.
14. May 2, 2017 — President Trump named pro-life activist Teresa Manning, a law professor with a pro-life background who has questioned the effectiveness of contraception, to deputy assistant secretary in the Office of Population Affairs of the Health and Human Services Department (HHS).
15. May 4, 2017 - Trump signed an Executive Order protecting freedom for opponents of abortion and gay ‘marriage’. "We will not allow people of faith to be targeted, bullied, or silenced anymore. And we will never ever stand for religious discrimination," he said. However, the Order was much less than has been needed and previously expected. It was at least a step in the right direction of undoing what president Obama imposed on the nation.
16. May 23, 2017 — President Trump's 2018 budget proposal had one goal of withholding all federal funds from abortion-provider Planned Parenthood. As it has turned out, this has proven to be much more difficult to implement than expected, but the effort is still being given high priority. Divisions among Republicans in Congress and in the Senate have created severe challenges for Trump’s promises to defund abortions in the U.S. and to repeal and replace the Obamacare disaster. The July 27 vote by three liberal Republican senators against the last, trimmed down attempt at health care reform which included defunding of Planned Parenthood was devastating to Trump and all pro-life Republicans and pro-life Americans. The RHINO's in government are proving to be the worst enemies of the Trump promises.
17. May 23, 2017 — Trump hired another top social conservative, Shannon Royce, former chief of staff at the Family Research Council, to serve as the Director of the Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships at HHS
18. April 11, 2017 — President Trump appointed social conservative Roger Severino to head the Office of Civil Rights of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in a choice celebrated by pro-family advocates and condemned by pro-LGBTQ leftists.
19. April 4, 2017 — The Trump administration withdrew U.S. funding from the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) because of its participation in China's forced abortion regime.
20. June 20, 2017 — In the last of four successful Republicans wins in recent special elections, pro-life candidate Karen Handel beat her pro-abortion opponent despite his having received massive, out-of-state Democrat funding. These wins by conservative candidates were seen to reflect public approval of the Trump presidency that contradicted the claims of the constant Democrat and allied media Trump-hate-generating campaign.
21. June 22, 2017 — The Trump administration told the United Nations: Abortion is not "family planning."
22. July 13, 2017 — Under President Donald Trump, more Christian refugees have been admitted to the United States in the first six months of 2017 than Muslim refugees, a departure from the Obama-era.
23. July 13, 2017 - Planned Parenthood Federation of America President Cecile Richards says the Trump administration has already done more to set back the nation’s largest abortion provider than any other in the last half-century.
24. July 26, 2017 - President Trump tweeted the U.S. military will no longer accept "transgender" individuals because of the "tremendous medical costs and disruption" it causes. The ban has earned Trump a wave of praise from pro-family conservatives and bitter condemnations from LGBTQ activists.
25. July 26, 2017 - Trump ended the $100 million per year failed Obama teen pregnancy program that promoted sex before marriage.
26. July 31, 2017 - Trump appointed pro-life Kansas Governor Brownback to a religious persecution watchdog post called "Ambassador for Religious Freedom." Brownback will lead the Office of International Religious Freedom which monitors how people of religion are treated across the globe. The appointment was met with immediate disapproval from homosexual activists.
27. September 22, 2017 - Trump’s UN speech rejected globalism and cultural imperialism. Defying UN, EU, climate change, de-population and other globalists, Trump pledged to respect the “sovereignty” of other nations as they respect ours
28. October 6, 2017 - Trump admin reverses Obama policy: ‘Gender identity’ not a protected civil right. the U.S. Department of Justice issued a memo interpreting the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as not intended to apply to transgenders, which it most certainly was never intended.
29. October 6, 2017 - The Trump administration issued an order ending the federal requirement that employers violate their consciences to participate in the provision of employees’ contraceptives and abortifacient drugs.
30. October 12, 2017 - Trump pulls U.S. out of pro-abortion, pro-LGBT (UNESCO), a UN agency that advocates for abortion, homosexuality, and radical sex education for young children.
31. October 16, 2017 - Trump admin makes protecting citizens “from conception to natural death” top priority
32. November 2, 2017 - Senate confirms Trump judicial pick who was attacked for being too Catholic
33. Nov. 6, 2017 - GOP tax plan recognizes baby in the womb as a human being
34. Nov 8, 2017 - Trump slams forced abortion, infanticide in North Korea
35. Nov. 8, 2017 - Trump: Adoption means ‘no child in America, born or unborn, is unwanted.’ President Trump praised adoption as a “true blessing” in a proclamation declaring November National Adoption Month.
36. November 21, 2017 - Pro-lifers praise Trump’s ‘excellent list’ of potential candidates for the Supreme Court
37. Nov. 23, 2017 - In his first-ever Thanksgiving address as President, Donald Trump mentioned God eight times, reversing former President Obama’s refusal to mention the name of God even once in his Thanksgiving Proclamations.
38. Dec. 1, 2017 - Christmas celebrates ‘the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ’: President Trump. A huge change from the Obama presidency.
39. Dec. 4, 2017 - Trump Administration Officially Pulls U.S. Out Of U.N. Migration Treaty - The Treaty, like the Climate Change agreement, is a globalist agenda item that undermines the sovereignty of nations.
40. Dec. 14, 2017 - The Trump Administration successfully repealed the Net Neutrality rules imposed by President Obama in 2015, despite enormous opposition from Democrats and almost all the computer software giants such as Google, Facebook, Twitter and Apple. The move will allow the Internet to continue to be free of government interference with Internet content which would have almost certainly resulted in more censoring of social and religious conservative views in a globalist new world order.
41. December 18, 2017 - Washington Post claims Trump Admin bans politically correct words.
42. January 16, 2018 - President Trump proclaims January 16 ‘Religious Freedom Day’ - "No American -- whether a nun, nurse, baker, or business owner -- should be forced to choose between the tenants of faith or adherence to the law."
43. January 18, 2018 - Trump admin creates office to ‘protect’ doctors’ consciences who refuse to do abortion
44. January 19, 2018 - Trump’s historic speech to March for Life: Abortion is ‘wrong, it has to change’
45. January 19, 2018 - Trump rescinds Obama warning to states that cut funds to Planned Parenthood
46. January 22, 2018 - Trump declares Roe v. Wade abortion anniversary to be ‘Sanctity of Human Life Day’
47. January 25, 2018 - Pro-life group praises U.S. Senate for confirming new HHS secretary
48. February 20, 2018 - Trump district court nominee calls same-sex ‘marriage’ and contraception an ‘assault on nature’
49. March 14, 2018 - Trump nominates new pro-life secretary of state Mike Pompeo
50. March 23, 2018 - Trump official says at UN that US is ‘pro-life country’. Pro-homosexual organizations such as OutRight Action International have attacked Kozma, a former Bush homeland security official, for past public stands against the transgender movement
51. March 26, 2018 - Trump admin helps pro-life nations hold the line at UN
52. March 31, 2018 - Trump Revokes Obama Executive Order Awarding Contracts to Companies With LGBT Policies
53. April 4, 2018 - Trump includes preborn in ‘Child Abuse Prevention Month’ declaration
54. April 11, 2018 - Trump signs bill cracking down on websites that help sex traffickers
55. May 3, 2018 - Trump signs executive order creating faith-based office in White House
56. May 4, 2018 - Mike Pence reveals Trump regularly asks to open White House meetings in prayer
57. May 22, 2018 - Life is the ‘true source of America’s greatness,’ President Trump tells pro-life gala
58. May 22, 2018 - President Trump to pro-life movement: ‘I have kept my promise’
59. May 24, 2018 - New Trump admin rule could slash $60 million from Planned Parenthood budget
60. May 23, 2018 - Trump funding ban forces international abortion giants to cut African operations
61. May 25, 2018 - Trump admin tells World Health meeting: abortion is not a ‘method of family planning’
62. June 13, 2018 - Pentagon brass influenced by Trump admin refuse to honor LGBT ‘pride month’ - For the first time since former President Barack Obama repealed the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy during the early years of his presidency, Pentagon officials have chosen not to honor LGBT ‘Pride Month’ with a formal acknowledgment.
You can make a difference!
Can you donate today?
View CommentsClick to view or comment.