Wednesday July 7, 2010
30+ Major Pro-Life Leaders Joining Forces for Landmark ‘Ending Abortion’ Web Event July 10
July 7, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Leaders representing more than 30 national and regional pro-life organizations will be part of an unprecedented 10-hour webcast conference this Saturday to help local pro-lifers make a greater impact defending the unborn in their community and beyond.
The conference will take place July 10, from 10am to 8pm EDT.
David Bereit, national director of 40 Days for Life, is co-hosting and coordinating the event. “Over the last two years,” he said, “we’ve surveyed more than 28,000 people who participated in 40 Days for Life campaigns, asking them how unified pro-life efforts can expand and have even greater impact.”
An overwhelming majority of respondents asked for focused training to educate, equip, and empower pro-lifers in their local communities to help bring an end to abortion.
“As a result,” said Bereit, “we are launching the first step in the Ending Abortion initiative — a massive, day-long, webcast mega-conference uniting the entire pro-life movement.”
The event will break the pro-life message into ten different hour-long focused topics. Confirmed speakers include:
· CHARMAINE YOEST, Americans United for Life
· MARJORIE DANNENFELSER, Susan B. Anthony List
· KRISTAN HAWKINS, Students for Life
· TOM MCCLUSKY, Family Research Council
· WENDY WRIGHT, Concerned Women for America
· LOU ENGLE, The Call
· MARK CRUTCHER, Life Dynamics
· ABBY JOHNSON, former Planned Parenthood abortion center director
· ALVEDA KING, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
· DR. TONY LEVATINO, former abortionist
· PEGGY HARTSHORN, Heartbeat International
· THERESA and KEVIN BURKE, Rachel’s Vineyard
“The goal is to educate, equip, and empower pro-lifers to have a greater life-saving impact right where they live,” said Bereit, adding that this first-ever event is designed to set the stage for greater involvement in local pro-life efforts this fall, including the next 40 Days for Life campaign, which runs from September 22 to October 31.
“A renewed groundswell of grassroots interest can also help make the pro-life issue of primary importance prior to this fall’s elections,” Bereit said.
Additional details are available online at https://www.endingabortion.com/.