Help pro-life heroes expose late-term abortion in D.C.: LifeFunder
(LifeSiteNews) – Over Mother’s Day weekend, there was a variety of pro-abortion vandalism and vulgarity over the possibility that abortion on demand through all nine months of pregnancy may no longer be the norm in much of the U.S. should states be able to set their own abortion laws. Pro-life activists expect such activity to continue through the spring and summer, particularly if Roe v. Wade is overturned.
Abortion activists disrupted Mass in Los Angeles and protested outside a Catholic church in New York City. The New York abortion supporters blocked the doors of Old St. Patrick’s and screamed about “killing the babies.” The headquarters of a Wisconsin pro-life group was firebombed and vandalized. Several Catholic churches and pro-life pregnancy centers were also vandalized.
In the aftermath of the leak of the Supreme Court majority opinion draft overruling Roe v. Wade, lawless vandals backed by the abortion lobby and pro-abortion politicians have launched riots and violent attacks on pro-life entities across America, from pregnancy centers to churches, and even targeted Justices' homes.
This widespread, organized effort not only sets a dangerous standard for how groups and individuals may opt to stage demonstrations going forward, but begs the question of how the pro-abortion crowd would behave if and when the Supreme Court officially overturns Roe later this summer.
And, worst of all, the White House has largely turned a blind eye to these riots, with Joe Biden -- who at one time claimed to be personally opposed to abortion due to his Catholic faith -- now acting as the foremost advocate for unfettered abortion access in America.
Biden's nonexistent response must be addressed, and the White House needs to know that the American people demand better from their supposed "leader."
Please SIGN and SHARE this petition calling on Joe Biden to stop beating around the bush and finally issue a formal statement condemning the violent riots and attacks on pro-life institutions across our country in the wake of the leaked Supreme Court majority opinion draft overturning Roe v. Wade.
Over Mother's Day weekend, pro-abortion attacks broke out across America, with increasingly depraved activists targeting pregnancy centers, pro-life advocacy organizations, and churches with either disruptive demonstrations or, in some cases, vandalism and outright violence.
Among the most barbaric occurrences was the vicious attack on Wisconsin Family Action, a pro-life group headquartered in Madison, where vandals threw a Molotov cocktail into an office window, started a fire on one of its walls, and left a threatening graffiti message reading "If abortions aren't safe then you aren't either."
Review a FULL LIST of other appalling attacks HERE.
They even descended upon the homes of Supreme Court Justices like Samuel Alito, Brett Kavanaugh, and Chief Justice John Roberts, who appear poised to formally issue the final blow to Roe v. Wade in the coming weeks, after publishing a map with their private addresses.
The case, which was decided nearly 50 years ago in 1973, saw members of the bench fabricate a constitutional "right" to abortion, depriving individual states from crafting their own laws to protect life. However, should Roe, as expected, be overturned, the matter of abortion would be returned to the states, where it always belonged, giving lawmakers the ability to propose legislation that would either place strong restrictions on the procedure or, in some cases, ban it outright.
And while, of course, freedom of speech must be protected and defended for all Americans, demonstrations that devolve into vandalism, rioting, the use of intimidation tactics against members of the judiciary (or anyone else, for that matter), or violence in any form must NEVER be tolerated.
But the White House seems to be taking a different approach...
It wasn't until Monday afternoon that Press Secretary Jen Psaki finally acknowledged the threat posed to Supreme Court Justices by out-of-control pro-abotion activists, claiming that "judges perform an incredibly important function in our society, and they must be able to do their jobs without concern for their personal safety."
This is true, but it took Psaki an entire week to make any semblance of a definitive statement about the White House's position on this urgent matter. In fact, Psaki previously refused to discourage the targeting of Justices' homes when asked, insisting that pro-abortion groups were staging "peaceful protests" instead; she even failed to condemn the leak itself -- an unprecedented breach of trust and rejection of institutional norms that could permanently damage the standing of the court and its ability to function as an apolitical body.
And, of course, Joe Biden, himself, has been virtually silent on the matter, failing to effectively speak out against these riots and reassure the American people that those who seek to vandalize property and perpetrate violence will be held legally accountable for their actions by the Department of Justice.
This is entirely unacceptable behavior from a commander-in-chief, and as political allies like Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot (rather ironically) incite insurrection by labeling the Supreme Court's pending decision a "call to arms," the American people must demand that Joe Biden clarify where he stands, and whose side he's really on.
The rule of law must be upheld and applied equally, and that means calling out radical anti-life rioters and ensuring there are consequences for their violent outbursts and destruction of property across the country.
Please SIGN and SHARE this petition calling on Joe Biden to condemn these rioters, and direct the U.S. Department of Justice to take action that will hold them accountable for their actions under the law.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
'‘Rise up, fight back’: Pro-abortion protesters descend upon Justice Alito’s house over imminent abortion ruling' (LifeSiteNews)
**Photo Credit: Shutterstock
READ: ‘I’m killing the babies’: Pro-abortion activists rage outside New York cathedral as pro-lifers pray rosary
In response to the leaked Supreme Court opinion overturning Roe v. Wade, the 1973 decision that imposed abortion on demand across the country, abortion activists called for widespread disruption of Catholic Masses. The leaked opinion, which Chief Justice John Roberts said is “authentic” but not a “final position” of the Court, would allow states to pass their own abortion laws.
Catholic churches across the U.S. braced for attacks on Sunday, with the Thomas More Society warning the pro-abortion group called “Ruth Sent Us” that “we will gladly represent any church or person of faith who seeks legal recourse against you or your protesters for your unlawful disruption of any religious worship services,” and Virginia Attorney General Jason Miyares vowing, “The civil rights of Virginia’s worshipers will not be violated by any mobs.”
Below, LifeSiteNews presents a list of incidents of vandalism targeting pro-life places and disruption of Catholic Masses since the leaked of the Supreme Court draft opinion through May 8, 2022 (Mother’s Day).
- May 8, 2022, Seattle, Washington: During Mass, pro-abortion activists lay on the outside steps of St. James Cathedral with fake blood on their clothes, holding coat hangers. Some of the abortion supporters shouted at security guards and police officers.
- May 8, 2022, Salem, Oregon: Oregon Right to Life’s offices were attacked with “incendiary devices” late Sunday night. When asked if the attack on the building was inspired by the Supreme Court draft decision, Lois Anderson, the executive director of Oregon Right to Life, said “[w]e don’t know for sure because there was no graffiti or messaging left.”
- May 8, 2022, Manassas, Virginia: First Care Women’s Health pro-life pregnancy center was vandalized with graffiti reading: “abortion is a right.”
- May 8, 2022, Los Angeles, California: Pro-abortion activists were escorted out of the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels after they attempted to disrupt a Sunday Mass that was taking place in the cathedral.
- May 8, 2022, Madison, Wisconsin: The headquarters of pro-life advocacy group Wisconsin Family Action was set ablaze in an act of arson and vandalism in the early hours of the morning on Mother’s Day. A Molotov cocktail was thrown into one of the offices through a window, and although it failed to ignite, arsonists started another fire that burned one of the walls and wrote in graffiti on the outside of the building, “If abortions aren’t safe then you aren’t either.”
- May 8, 2022, Katy, Texas: The tabernacle of St. Bartholomew the Apostle Catholic Church was stolen. “We don’t know who did it, but the police are investigating. Please pray for us and for those who committed this criminal sacrilege,” tweeted the parish’s pastor, Father Christopher Plant. While the perpetrators have not been identified, some are speculating that members of the radical pro-abortion group Ruth Sent Us may be responsible, considering the group announced Saturday on Twitter, “We’ll be burning the Eucharist to show our disgust for the abuse Catholic Churches have condoned for centuries.”
- May 8, 2022, Houston, Texas: The words “Pro-choice is pro-life” were spray-painted on the front and side doors of Holy Rosary Catholic Church. The Houston Police Department is investigating the vandalism, which is thought to have occurred late Sunday night.
- May 7, 2022, Washington, D.C.: A man vandalized the headquarters of Concerned Women for America (CWA) by ripping out its intercom system and urinating on CWA’s door and windows. “This is an activist who has made it very clear that he doesn’t like our position on the issue of life and other issues, including the idea that biological women matter. For the last few weeks, he has harassed our staff, he’s thrown things at our building, and he’s thrown things on cars inside our secure parking area,” CWA President Penny Nance told FOX News. “But it escalated this weekend.”
- May 7 or 8, 2022, Denton, Texas: A pro-life pregnancy center called the Loreto House was vandalized over Mother’s Day weekend, with graffiti sprayed on its doors, walls, and street sign. The messages read, “Not a clinic” and “Forced birth is murder.”
- May 7, 2022, New York: Abortion activists blocked the entrance to Old St. Patrick’s Cathedral, taunting pro-life activists who were gathered for a monthly prayer vigil that they have held “for 14 years on the first Saturday of every month (except for some of the 2020 shutdown),” National Review‘s Kathryn Jean Lopez reported. She added, “As always during these incidents, I’m overwhelmed by how angry and obviously hurt so many of the people who showed up this morning are. “‘I’m killing the babies!’ one protester screamed while waving around dolls wearing a one-piece bathing suit,” FOX News reported.
This is pro-abortion NYC this morning — blocking the doors of a church screaming about how God loves abortion. One dances with dolls she tells us are her aborted babies. “God killed his kid, why can’t I kill mine?” pic.twitter.com/qA85kluRS5
— Kathryn Jean Lopez (@kathrynlopez) May 7, 2022
- May 7, 2022, Fort Collins, Colorado: St. John XXIII Catholic parish in Fort Collins, Colorado was vandalized by a masked man who spray-painted “MY BODY MY CHOICE” on the Church.
- May 7, 2022, Maryland and Northern Virginia: Pro-abortion protesters descended on the homes of Supreme Court justices, and multiple news sites reported that Justice Samuel Alito – who authored the leaked opinion – and his family were moved to an “undisclosed location” for their safety.
- May 6, 2022, Portland, Oregon: Pro-life activist Lila Rose tweeted images of a pro-life pregnancy center vandalized by “Antifa pro-abort men.” They are “attacking and putting out hits on pregnancy centers in Portland, OR,” Rose reported. “Because it drives pro-abort men to violent rage to think that women will have support to choose life.”
- May 4, 2022, Armada, Michigan: St. Joseph’s Priory, which is run by the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX), was vandalized with satanic graffiti.
- May 3, 2022, Boulder, Colorado: Sacred Heart of Mary parish was vandalized with pro-abortion graffiti.
Help pro-life heroes expose late-term abortion in D.C.: LifeFunder