LifeSiteNews has been permanently banned on YouTube. Click HERE to sign up to receive emails when we add to our video library.
NEW YORK, May 4, 2021 (C-Fam) – The Biden administration sent a letter to UN ambassadors announcing U.S. withdrawal from an historic pro-life declaration initiated by the Trump administration and co-sponsored by countries representing regions all over the world.
In the letter obtained by the Friday Fax, the Biden administration said it “has the honor to inform that the United States has rescinded its co-sponsorship and endorsement of the Geneva Consensus Declaration.” It was sent to the declaration’s 34 signatories ahead of the UN Commission on the Status of Women.
“Last fall your country signed on to the Geneva Consensus Declaration, an initiative of the United States dealing with women’s health, abortion and the family.”
“Upon reviewing the Declaration, we have reservations that aspects of the document are not consistent with our current Administration’s policies, including those relating to women’s health, LGBTQI equality, and gender equality.”
“Accordingly, the United States hereby discontinues our participation in the Geneva Consensus Declaration.”
The letter cites the presidential memorandum signed by President Biden on January 28, 2021 that directed the Secretaries of State and Health and Human Services to “withdraw co-sponsorship and signature from the Geneva Consensus Declaration” and “notify other co-sponsors and signatories to the Declaration and other appropriate parties of the United States’ withdrawal.”
House Democrats, in a strict party-line vote, recently passed legislation to conduct a massive federal overhaul of America’s elections and voting protocols, making the inconsistency, confusion, and funny business that plagued 2020 the new, permanent norm in our country.
The bill is called H.R. 1 (also known, ironically, as the “For the People” Act), and, if passed by the Democrat-controlled Senate, will mark the beginning of a once-in-a-generation transfer of power from the people of our country to its politicians.
That’s we must act NOW, and implore our U.S. Senators to vote against this dangerous legislation when it comes before them for a vote.
Please SIGN and SHARE this urgent petition asking all U.S. Senators to oppose H.R. 1 as a matter of national importance.
Democrat sponsors have attempted to promote H.R. 1 as a bill to expand voting rights in America, but, in reality, it is the exact opposite.
Among the 791-page bill’s provisions are the following:
- Transfer of control over congressional elections from state governments to the federal government, even though the Constitution explicitly states that such authority belongs solely to states.
- Automatic voter registration, which would require every state to add all eligible citizens to their voting rolls (unless they manually opt out) under the law. This would, additionally, shield illegal aliens who are automatically registered to vote from prosecution, without making an affirmative declaration about the status of their citizenship.
- Mandatory early voting in all 50 states for at least 15 days prior to an actual election, as well as unlimited ballot harvesting and a 10-day deadline extension past an election for mail-in ballots to be received and processed.
- Mandatory, nationwide mail-in voting, without any requirement that individuals provide a form of personal identification upon applying for their mail-in ballot. This would also require that those individuals who request a mail-in ballot be automatically registered to receive mail-in ballots in every election to follow.
- Transfer of control over drawing congressional district maps from each individual state’s legislature to “independent” commissions – another power reserved, in the Constitution, for states specifically.
- Federal funding of campaigns, which would use taxpayer dollars to match campaign contributions made by Americans citizens to candidates for federal office at a rate of 600% (you read that right – your money, being used to fund campaigns and candidates you may not support, nor even have the chance to actually to vote for).
And, that's just the tip of the iceberg.
If H.R. 1 passes the Senate and goes to Joe Biden’s desk, the American people may never participate in a free, open, and fair election ever again.
It is, therefore, imperative that we act to save our Republic from this disastrous legislation NOW.
Please SIGN and SHARE this urgent petition which urges all U.S. Senators to oppose the anti-democratic piece of legislation, H.R. 1, today.
And, after signing this petition, please CLICK HERE to DIRECTLY CONTACT your U.S. Senators by using the simple contact form LifeSite is providing, here. It is a simple, one-click process, and you don't even have to look up any of your Senators' contact information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
'Here’s the anti-people agenda of HR 1 on election reform' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/heres-the-anti-people-agenda-of-hr-1-on-election-reform
'Democrats’ horrifying ‘For the People’ Act would supercharge vote fraud, end America' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/democrats-horrifying-for-the-people-act-would-supercharge-vote-fraud-end-america
'The Democrats’ ‘For the People’ Act would make it impossible to hold free and fair elections in America' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/democrats-are-pushing-the-for-the-people-act-in-attempt-to-make-impossible-to-hold-free-and-fair-elections-in-america
**Photo Credit: Shutterstock
This same executive action dubbed the “Memorandum on Protecting Women’s Health at Home and Abroad” restored U.S. taxpayer funding to international abortion groups and multilateral agencies that promote abortion. President Biden announced funding would be restored to the UN Population Fund, rescinded the Mexico City Policy and committed to adequately fund “women’s health needs globally, including sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights.” U.S. law still prohibits the direct funding of abortion overseas.
Despite the U.S. letter and the pro-abortion positions taken by U.S. negotiators during the Commission 4-week debate —more conservative countries, including signatories of the Declaration rejected the sexual rights agenda promoted by the U.S and European Union under the guise of women’s equality and empowerment.
The Geneva Consensus Declaration was officially launched in October of 2020 in Washington DC at a Department of State event with Secretary Mike Pompeo and Secretary of Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar presiding. Ministers from around the world committed to the expansion of women’s health, the protection of life, the family, and the sovereign right of nations to legislate on these issues.
The Declaration states that there is no international right to abortion.
“The Biden Administration’s swift withdrawal of the U.S. from the Geneva Consensus Declaration confirms that the Biden Abortion Doctrine is of preeminent importance in its foreign policy, wrongly using the influence of the federal government as an advocacy arm for special interests,” special advisor on Global Women’s Health under the Trump administration, Valerie Huber told the Friday Fax.
Huber, who was the architects of the Declaration working under Secretary Azar, said “the Geneva Consensus Declaration remains,” and the “historic strength of this united voice in support of women’s health, life, and family reverberates around the globe and in the halls of the United Nations.”
Last December U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Kelly Craft submitted the Declaration to Secretary-General António Guterres asking that it be a formal record of the UN and be circulated to all 193 Member States. None of the 34 other signatories have withdrawn their support from the declaration.
Reprinted with permission from C-Fam.