Big Tech is censoring us. Subscribe to our email list and bookmark LifeSiteNews.com to continue getting our news. Subscribe now.
WASHINGTON, D.C., January 28, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — The Biden administration announced Thursday the impending repeal of the Mexico City Policy, restoring foreign aid to organizations involved in abortion and guaranteeing thousands of additional babies will be killed worldwide.
The White House has announced that President Joe Biden will soon be issuing a “Presidential Memorandum to protect and expand access to comprehensive reproductive health care,” which “immediately rescinds the global gag rule, also referred to as the Mexico City Policy, which bars international non-profits that provide abortion counseling or referrals from receiving U.S. funding.”
Shortly after taking office in 2017, former President Donald Trump’s Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance (PLGHA) policy not only reinstated the Mexico City Policy, which under previous Republican presidents had applied to groups that committed abortions, but took the additional step of expanding it to groups that promote or discuss abortion.
The action resulted in international abortion providers Planned Parenthood and Marie Stopes losing millions of dollars because they refused to drop abortion in order to qualify for the money. Marie Stopes also had to close hundreds of operations across Africa. At the same time, reviews by the State Department found that most recipients have complied with the new rules without issue, leaving the distribution of legitimate foreign aid unharmed.
The new Biden memo “also directs the Department of Health and Human Services to take immediate action to consider whether to rescind regulations under its Title X family planning program.”
That refers to the Trump administration’s Protect Life rule, which requires “clear financial and physical separation between Title X-funded projects and programs or facilities where abortion is a method of family planning” and bans “referral for abortion as a method of family planning.” It was projected to cut almost $60 million from the $616 million Planned Parenthood received during the most recent fiscal year.
After the events of the last three months, President Trump has departed the White House and Washington, D.C.
By SIGNING this petition, please thank President Trump for doing his best to protect Life, Faith and Freedom over the last four years, and wish him all the best and God's blessings for the next chapter of his life.
Every effort will be made to deliver this petition to President Trump, so please SHARE with all of your like-minded family, friends and colleagues.
No president in recent memory, including Ronald Reagan, has done as much to defend innocent preborn children as President Trump.
And, no president in recent memory has done as much to defend our freedoms of speech and religion as President Trump.
Promises made, promises kept. Please see the 'For More Information' section below for a comprehensive list of President Trump's accomplishments for Life, Faith and Freedom.
And, please SIGN and SHARE this petition of gratitude and thank President Trump for all he has done in defense of Life, Faith and Freedom.
On the issues of Life and Family, President Trump has accomplished the following amongst many others:
- Appointed three supreme court justices, including Amy Coney Barrett, Brett Kavanagh, and Neil Gorsuch, who all appear to hold pro-life values.
- Reinstituted the Mexico City Policy - preventing American aid from funding abortion and the promotion of abortion.
- Kept his promise on judicial appointments by appointing more conservative men and women to federal courts of appeals than any president in American history.
- Put the U.S. into the Geneva Consensus Declaration, which states that family is the "natural and fundamental group unit of society..."
- And, signed legislation to empower states to defund Planned Parenthood.
And, on the issues of Faith and Freedom, President Trump has done the following amongst many others:
- Lifted the Obama administration’s contraception mandate that required religious employers like the Little Sisters of the Poor to participate in the provision of contraceptives and abortifacients.
- Issued an Executive Order on "Promoting Free Speech and Religious Liberty," granting churches more freedom to speak about political issues and elections.
- Established a White House office tasked with fielding the concerns of religious Americans and monitoring threats as they arise.
- Released a guidance affirming students have the right to pray in public schools.
- Announced a new International Religious Freedom Alliance that joins more than two dozen countries to push for religious tolerance and an end to religious persecution.
Again...promises made, promises kept.
Thank you, President Trump, for fighting hard to defend Life, Faith and Freedom. Your legacy will live on, long after you have left office, and we applaud your courage and foresight to fight for these most vital of issues.
May God bless the next chapter of your life, and please keep fighting for Life, Faith, Freedom!
Please SIGN and SHARE to THANK President Trump for doing his best to protect Life, Faith and Freedom!
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
'The full list of President Trump’s accomplishments shows why leftists are so desperate to ‘unperson’ him' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/the-full-list-of-president-trumps-accomplishments-shows-why-leftists-are-so-desperate-to-unperson-him
'Trump affirms religious liberty in State of the Union: ‘We don’t punish prayer…tear down crosses’': https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/we-dont-punish-prayer-trump-affirms-religious-liberty-in-state-of-the-union
'Trump admin cuts Obamacare rule forcing abortion, sex-change coverage': https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/trump-admin-cuts-obamacare-rule-forcing-abortion-sex-change-coverage
'Trump admin announces global alliance to defend religious liberty, end religious persecution': https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/trump-admin-announces-global-alliance-to-defend-religious-liberty-end-religious-persecution
**Photo Credit: MICHAEL CANDELORI / SHUTTERSTOCK.COM
Despite having campaigned on an absolutist pro-abortion platform, Biden claims to be a faithful Catholic. When pressed recently, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said simply, “I think we’ll have more to say on the Mexico City Policy in the coming days, but I will just take the opportunity to remind all of you that he is a devout Catholic, and somebody who attends church regularly. He started his day attending church with his family this morning, but I don’t have anything more for you on that.”