LifeSiteNews has been permanently banned on YouTube. Click HERE to sign up to receive emails when we add to our video library.
WASHINGTON, D.C., April 29, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) – President Joe Biden delivered his first address to a joint session of Congress on Wednesday evening, touting the benefits of federal spending while claiming Trump supporters perpetrated an attack on democracy and alleging America continues to be plagued by “systemic racism.”
“As I stand here tonight — just one day shy of the 100th day of my administration, 100 days since I took the oath of office, lifted my hand off our family Bible, and inherited a nation in crisis,” Biden declared early in the speech. “The worst pandemic in a century. The worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. The worst attack on our democracy since the Civil War.”
He went on to celebrate the proliferation of COVID-19 vaccinations, taking credit for a program instituted by his predecessor Donald Trump, and claiming the March passage of a $1.9 trillion COVID relief bill (less than 9 percent of which actually went to public health) got America “ready for takeoff.”
Biden called on Congress to support his so-called “American Jobs Plan,” a $2.3 trillion package covering everything from infrastructure projects to “diversifying” neighborhoods to left-wing priorities on climate change and right-to-work laws, as well as his $1.8 trillion proposal to federally subsidize child care and incentivize stay-at-home mothers to rejoin the workforce.
House Democrats, in a strict party-line vote, recently passed legislation to conduct a massive federal overhaul of America’s elections and voting protocols, making the inconsistency, confusion, and funny business that plagued 2020 the new, permanent norm in our country.
The bill is called H.R. 1 (also known, ironically, as the “For the People” Act), and, if passed by the Democrat-controlled Senate, will mark the beginning of a once-in-a-generation transfer of power from the people of our country to its politicians.
That’s we must act NOW, and implore our U.S. Senators to vote against this dangerous legislation when it comes before them for a vote.
Please SIGN and SHARE this urgent petition asking all U.S. Senators to oppose H.R. 1 as a matter of national importance.
Democrat sponsors have attempted to promote H.R. 1 as a bill to expand voting rights in America, but, in reality, it is the exact opposite.
Among the 791-page bill’s provisions are the following:
- Transfer of control over congressional elections from state governments to the federal government, even though the Constitution explicitly states that such authority belongs solely to states.
- Automatic voter registration, which would require every state to add all eligible citizens to their voting rolls (unless they manually opt out) under the law. This would, additionally, shield illegal aliens who are automatically registered to vote from prosecution, without making an affirmative declaration about the status of their citizenship.
- Mandatory early voting in all 50 states for at least 15 days prior to an actual election, as well as unlimited ballot harvesting and a 10-day deadline extension past an election for mail-in ballots to be received and processed.
- Mandatory, nationwide mail-in voting, without any requirement that individuals provide a form of personal identification upon applying for their mail-in ballot. This would also require that those individuals who request a mail-in ballot be automatically registered to receive mail-in ballots in every election to follow.
- Transfer of control over drawing congressional district maps from each individual state’s legislature to “independent” commissions – another power reserved, in the Constitution, for states specifically.
- Federal funding of campaigns, which would use taxpayer dollars to match campaign contributions made by Americans citizens to candidates for federal office at a rate of 600% (you read that right – your money, being used to fund campaigns and candidates you may not support, nor even have the chance to actually to vote for).
And, that's just the tip of the iceberg.
If H.R. 1 passes the Senate and goes to Joe Biden’s desk, the American people may never participate in a free, open, and fair election ever again.
It is, therefore, imperative that we act to save our Republic from this disastrous legislation NOW.
Please SIGN and SHARE this urgent petition which urges all U.S. Senators to oppose the anti-democratic piece of legislation, H.R. 1, today.
And, after signing this petition, please CLICK HERE to DIRECTLY CONTACT your U.S. Senators by using the simple contact form LifeSite is providing, here. It is a simple, one-click process, and you don't even have to look up any of your Senators' contact information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
'Here’s the anti-people agenda of HR 1 on election reform' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/heres-the-anti-people-agenda-of-hr-1-on-election-reform
'Democrats’ horrifying ‘For the People’ Act would supercharge vote fraud, end America' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/democrats-horrifying-for-the-people-act-would-supercharge-vote-fraud-end-america
'The Democrats’ ‘For the People’ Act would make it impossible to hold free and fair elections in America' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/democrats-are-pushing-the-for-the-people-act-in-attempt-to-make-impossible-to-hold-free-and-fair-elections-in-america
**Photo Credit: Shutterstock
All of this, he claimed, would be paid for by raising taxes on “corporate America and the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans” without affecting those who make less than $400,000 a year, though such taxes historically translate to the lower and middle class paying higher prices for goods and services, as well as reduced job creation.
Later in the speech, Biden called on Congress to pass the so-called LGBT “Equality” Act, enact new gun control measures, support amnesty for illegal immigrants, and send to his desk the so-called “For the People” Act, which would make vote fraud dramatically easier while severely limiting states’ ability to enact basic election security measures such as requiring photo ID. He also took the opportunity to promote the narrative of “systemic racism.”
“After the conviction of George Floyd’s murderer, we can see how right she was – if we have the courage to act,” Biden said, framing the case as an example of the “knee of injustice on the neck of Black America.” While former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was convicted of murder for Floyd’s death, Minnesota far-left Democrat Attorney General Keith Ellison recently admitted authorities had no evidence that race was a motivating factor in Chauvin’s actions.
“My fellow Americans, we have to come together. To rebuild trust between law enforcement and the people they serve. To root out systemic racism in our criminal justice system,” Biden declared. “We have a giant opportunity to bend to the arc of the moral universe toward justice. Real justice. And with the plans I outlined tonight, we have a real chance to root out systemic racism that plagues American life in many other ways.”
South Carolina Republican U.S. Sen. Tim Scott, who is controversial among some conservatives for partially siding with Democrats on race and law enforcement issues, delivered the official Republican response to Biden’s speech, during which he hit the president for “abandoning principles he held for decades. Now, he says your tax dollars should fund abortions. He’s laying groundwork to pack the Supreme Court! This is not common ground.”
“Hear me clearly: America is not a racist country,” Scott said. “It’s backwards to fight discrimination with different discrimination. And it’s wrong to try to use our painful past to dishonestly shut down debates in the present.”