Judge delays ruling on 7-year-old’s gender ‘transition’ until tomorrow
PETITION: 7-year-old boy should not be forced to live as a girl! Sign the petition here.
Update: Judge Kim Cooks has ruled that James' parents will have joint conservatorship over him. Read more by clicking here.
DALLAS, Texas, October 23, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – The judge's ruling on the case of Jeffrey Younger, the father trying to save his seven-year-old son, James, from being “transitioned” into a girl, has been delayed until tomorrow.
On Monday, Judge Kim Cooks told the courtroom that she would read her ruling Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. The case was listed on today’s court schedule.
According to the court clerk, the ruling will be announced tomorrow. She refused to specify the time.
Judge Cooks’ ruling will outline the specifics of possession, child support, and the requests of Dr. Anne Georgulas, James’ mother. Dr. Georgulas and Mr. Younger have been in a complicated custody dispute over their twins, James and Jude. Dr. Georgulas has been telling James he’s a girl since he was three. She enrolled him in kindergarten as a girl named “Luna.” He uses the girls’ restroom and all of this classmates believe he is a girl.
Dr. Georgulas wants to subject James to puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones as well as legally force his father to treat him as a girl.
With a consensus of 11 of the 12 jurors, the jury decided Monday not to grant Mr. Younger Sole Managing Conservatorship over his twin boys. They voted that the current Joint Managing Conservatorship should be replaced by a Sole Managing Conservatorship, but that Mr. Younger should not be that person. The jury ruled on Mr. Younger’s petitions since he requested a jury trial. Judge Cooks will rule on the mother’s petitions and the specifics of the jury's ruling such as possession and child support.
Dr. Georgulas is asking the court to:
- Limit the father’s consecutive overnight possession of both children and/or make his visits with the boys supervised if he fails to “affirm” James as a girl (“Luna”);
- Enjoin Mr. Younger from engaging in non-affirming behavior and/or taking “Luna” outside the home as James or allowing others to do so;
- Modify Mr. Younger’s possession on school nights when there are school-related activities that may occur during the boys’ stay with him;
- Order the father to attend pro-transgender counseling and/or educational classes;
- Enjoin Mr. Younger from signing James up for activities as James or referring to his son with male pronouns at any activity outside the home;
- Enjoin the father from allowing James and Jude to remain in the presence of anyone who does not use James’ transgender name “Luna” or female pronouns, or who is otherwise not “affirming” of the seven-year-old’s transgender identity.
Multiple character witnesses for Mr. Younger testified that James presents as a boy when he is with his father and that they have never seen reason to believe James wants to be a girl.
Follow all LifeSiteNews coverage of the James Younger case here.