Featured Image
Shutterstock.com
Pete Baklinski Pete Baklinski Follow Pete

News,

VIDEO: Trump rips mainstream media for ignoring March for Life…again

Pete Baklinski Pete Baklinski Follow Pete

Thank President Trump for defunding International Planned Parenthood. SIGN THE PETITION. Click here.

PHILADELPHIA, January 26, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – For the second time in 24 hours, President Trump has called out the mainstream media for failing to cover the massive annual March for Life while giving ample attention to smaller events.

“By the way on Friday, a lot of people are going to be showing up to Washington, right Mike [Pence]? A lot of people,” said Trump at the Congressional Republican Retreat in Philadelphia this afternoon. 

“You know, the press never gives them the credit that they deserve. They’ll have three hundred, four hundred, five hundred, six hundred thousand people. You won’t even read about it,” he said. 

“When other people show up, you read big time about it. Right? So, it’s not fair. But there is nothing fair about the media. Nothing,” he added. 

RELATED: President Trump calls out mainstream media for failing to cover March for Life

Yesterday Trump told ABC's David Muir that the media will cover events like the pro-abortion women’s march, but not pro-life events. 

"You’re gonna have a large crowd on Friday, too, which is mostly pro-life people. You’re gonna have a lot of people coming on Friday, and I will say this, and I didn’t realize this, but I was told, you will have a very large crowd of people. I don’t know – as large or larger – some people say it’s gonna be larger. Pro-life people. And they say the press doesn’t cover them,” he said.

In his remarks at the GOP retreat, Trump also touted the Mexico City Policy, which he signed as one of his first acts on Monday. 

"We’ve reinstated the Mexico City Policy, a longstanding policy," he said, pausing to long applause from the GOP members present. "Isn’t that nice? ... A longstanding policy to ensure taxpayer dollars do not fund abortion services overseas."

Jeanne Mancini, president of the March for Life Education and Defense Fund, told LifeSiteNews today she is "delighted" by the unprecedented support the new Trump administration is giving the annual March for Life this week.

“We are just delighted so far with what we have seen, in less than a week, from the Trump administration," she said.

"We saw the Mexico City Policy reinstated. They have mentioned the March for Life in press briefings and in interviews all week long. We have never seen anything like this in our entire life,” she said.

Watch President Trump's remarks:

RELATED: White House confirms: VP Pence to speak at March for Life

FREE pro-life and pro-family news.

Stay up-to-date on the issues you care about the most. Sign up today!

Select Your Edition:

You can make a difference!

Can you donate today?


Share this article