News
Featured Image
The Freedom Convoy arriving into OttawaWorldWideNews24/Twitter screenshot

OTTAWA (LifeSiteNews) – Canada’s military will not be breaking up the Freedom Convoy in Ottawa. 

Rumours have circulated in legacy media that the Canadian military will dispel the Freedom Convoy protests in the nation’s capital, but a source in Ottawa says that isn’t the case. 

Paul Vieria, the Canadian correspondent for the Wall Street Journal,  tweeted yesterday that a spokesman for Canada’s defence minister, Anita Anand, said: “The Canadian Armed Forces are not involved in law enforcement in this situation, and there are no plans for such CAF involvement.” 

Spokesman for Canada’s defence minister, following comments from Ottawa police chief Sloly on possible need for military’s help in trucker protest: “The Canadian Armed Forces are not involved in law enforcement in this situation, and there are no plans for such CAF involvement.”

— Paul Vieira (@paulvieira) February 3, 2022

This comment contradicts a report by the Toronto Star that the Ottawa police might seek assistance from the Canadian Armed Forces. 

In a similar fashion, legacy media said there had been clashes between the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and the trucker blockade of the Canada-US border in Alberta, but this was proven to be false 

— Article continues below Petition —
Petition
  Show Petition Text
1 have signed the petition.
Let's get to 2500!
Thank you for signing this petition!
Add your signature:
  Show Petition Text
Keep me updated via email on this petition and related issues.
Keep me updated via email on this petition and related issues.
  Hide Petition Text

In 2020, Prime Minister Just Trudeau stated adamantly that it was “never appropriate” to use the military against Canadian citizens. 

Comments

Commenting Guidelines
LifeSiteNews welcomes thoughtful, respectful comments that add useful information or insights. Demeaning, hostile or propagandistic comments, and streams not related to the storyline, will be removed.

LSN commenting is not for frequent personal blogging, on-going debates or theological or other disputes between commenters.

Multiple comments from one person under a story are discouraged (suggested maximum of three). Capitalized sentences or comments will be removed (Internet shouting).

LifeSiteNews gives priority to pro-life, pro-family commenters and reserves the right to edit or remove comments.

Comments under LifeSiteNews stories do not necessarily represent the views of LifeSiteNews.

18 Comments

    Loading...