Big Tech is censoring us. Subscribe to our email list and bookmark LifeSiteNews.com to continue getting our news. Subscribe now.
VICTORIA, Australia, February 12, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) – Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has reintroduced mask mandates for greater Melbourne following the positive COVID-19 test of a hotel worker linked to the already-delayed Australian Open. Meanwhile, a former Victorian government employee has filed a complaint with the International Criminal Court damages the lockdowns caused to the Victorian people.
Six hundred casual contacts of the 26-year-old man, and 520 Australian Open tennis players, were asked to self-isolate and get tested, while all indoor gatherings in Melbourne have been reduced from 30 to 15.
The orders come just one day after the Victorian Labour Government launched a bid to extend its state of emergency powers until December 2021.
For that to happen a bill needs to pass through both houses of Parliament on March 15, when the current state of emergency expires.
If the bill passes, the powers will be extended in four-week blocks until December 15.
“The sorts of rules that the state of emergency underpins is the order for someone to isolate for 14 days, is the order that means hotel quarantine is mandatory, wearing face masks in certain setting[s],” Andrews said on February 2.
Andrews has received fierce criticism for his heavy-handed management of COVID-19, particularly during Melbourne’s second lockdown, which lasted from July to October of last year.
Banners and billboards reading “Sack Dan Andrews” and a satirical Twitter account of the same name have been the creative outlets of frustration for many Victorians who are fed up with the Premier’s abuse of power.
Known by detractors as “Dictator Dan,” Andrews, a baptized Catholic, is also notorious among the Australian pro-life community for ushering in an extreme abortion law back in 2008 when he was the Minister for Health.
ALP Premier Daniel Andrews Photo Credit: Daniel Pockett / Getty Images
Although the Australian Labor Party (ALP) has been accused of government overreach on other issues, the COVID crisis has clearly demonstrated that Labor should not be in power again, for a very, very long time.
Over the last six months, Victorians have endured an authoritarian abuse of power, and their ALP government has become the laughing-stock of western democracies.
Premier Daniel Andrews simply cannot be trusted to govern ever again.
Please SIGN this petition pledging not to vote Labor.
Here is short list of laws, directives and proposals which show how the ALP have forfeited their right to govern:
- Allowing only 48 hours for public submissions, Labor's Omnibus Bill, now amended, would have authorised arbitrary arrest and indefinite detention for "pre-crime"
- Victorian Labor hastily appointed private security firms to guard those in mandatory hotel quarantine. Some guards underwent diversity training but no Covid training, and ended up fraternizing with those in quarantine, thereby triggering the second wave which led to even harsher lockdowns measures. Premier Andrews had the audacity to deny knowledge of who appointed private security firms to the task, and then rolled his Health Minister to avoid responsibility.
- Andrews' Labor Party imposed a nightly curfew, which was only just suspended last week when a private citizen was about to take out an injunction in court and in the process discovered that the curfew was not based on either medical, departmental or police advice – the ALP just thought this would be a good idea.
- Churches remain closed and baptisms are forbidden under pain of a $10,000 penalty. The Last Rites were denied to dying Catholics, with the Health Department absurdly suggesting that anointing could somehow be done by teleconference instead
- Meanwhile pubs and clubs are reopening across the state and the government is midway through a review looking at whether fully decriminalising sex work would achieve better public health outcomes.
Think about it. Arbitrary arrest and detention for "pre-crime" read right out of a dystopian novel. But this is really happening, right now.
However, your pledge not to vote Labor can help ensure that it doesn't happen again.
Please SIGN now, and pledge to not vote Labor. Thank you!
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
'‘All this can be avoided if people don’t protest’: Politician after police stomp on man’s head' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/all-this-can-be-avoided-if-people-dont-protest-politician-after-police-stomp-on-mans-head
'New Australia COVID lockdown law empowers indefinite detention of citizens' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/new-australia-covid-lockdown-law-empowers-indefinite-detention-of-citizens
'13 Australian doctors tell govt to end lockdowns: 'They’re causing unprecedented negative…outcomes'' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/13-australian-doctors-tell-govt-to-end-lockdowns-theyre-causing-unprecedented-negative-outcomes-1
Now a former employee of the Andrews Government is taking his criticism to the next level, submitting a complaint to the International Criminal Court (ICC) for damages caused to the Victorian people by Daniel Andrews and Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison from extensive lockdowns.
Sanjeev Sabhlock was an economist in the state treasury, but resigned after 15 years of service after being asked to remove social media posts critical of Victoria’s lockdowns, one of which accused Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton of “massively exaggerating and misleading the entire public and politicians.”
In an interview with Australian economics YouTube channel, In the Interests of the People, Sabhlock said that if submissions to the ICC are rejected it usually happens swiftly, but after two months his submission is still being reviewed.