Have you been following the debate about some of the Pope’s recent comments on abortion, homosexuality, and gay marriage?
Are you confused about some of the things that the Pope has said, and, in particular, what has been reported about those remarks in the mainstream media?
If so, you’re not alone.
To help dispel this confusion LifeSiteNews.com has organized a webcast featuring some of the best-informed Catholic pro-life and pro-family leaders, who will address some of the following urgent questions:
- Some liberal media outlets, as well as pro-abortion groups such as NARAL Pro-Choice America, have publicly celebrated some of Pope Francis’ recent statements on social issues. Do they really have any reason to celebrate?
- Some pro-life and pro-family activists have expressed concern about some of the Pope's recent statements on abortion, contraception and homosexuality. Should they be concerned?
- How does Pope Francis' vision fit into the path laid out for the pro-life and pro-family movements by previous popes?
- What does the Catholic Church teach about how we should engage in the public square on pressing moral issues like contraception, abortion, and homosexuality?
- How should we respond to friends, family, co-workers, and the mainstream media who might be using the Pope's words to condemn the vital pro-life and pro-family activities occurring in nations around the world?
- How can pro-life and pro-family activists promote the Culture of Life in a positive way, but without sacrificing anything of the truth?
We hope you will join us as we discuss these very important topics.
Our guest speakers include:
LifeSiteNews.com is proud to announce that Fr. Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests for Life, will also participate in the webcast this evening!
Fr. Pavone is one of the most prominent pro-life leaders in the world. In addition to his role at Priests for life, he is also the President of the National Pro-life Religious Council, and the National Pastoral Director of the Silent No More Awareness Campaign and of Rachel’s Vineyard, the world’s largest ministry of healing after abortion. He travels throughout the country, to an average of four states every week, preaching and teaching against abortion.
Professor Janet E. Smith holds the Father Michael J. McGivney Chair of Life Ethics at Sacred Heart Major Seminary in Detroit. She is the author of Humanae Vitae: A Generation Later and of The Right to Privacy and the editor of Why Humanae Vitae Was Right: A Reader. Dr. Christopher Kaczor and Dr. Smith are co-authors Life Issues, Medical Choices: Questions and Answers for Catholics. She has been published in several academic journals, is a regular columnist for the National Catholic Register and blogs on CatholicVote.com.
Father Shenan J. Boquet joined Human Life International as the new president in the Fall of 2011. He comes from the Houma Thibodaux Roman Catholic Diocese, where he most recently served as Pastor of St. Gregory Barbarigo Parish in Houma, Louisiana. Since being ordained as a priest in 1993, Fr. Boquet has given hundreds of talks at conferences and in parishes on issues ranging from the dignity of the human person and the nature of marriage, to social justice and moral theology. He has given retreats and educational seminars on the Theology of the Body, Holy Scripture and various theological topics. Fr. Boquet has also appeared numerous times on EWTN and Ave Maria Radio, as well as in other media.
For more in-depth coverage of all the statements Pope Francis has issued concerning life and family, as well as comprehensive compilations of responses and reactions from around the world by people on both sides of the issues, see more LifeSiteNews coverage here.