You’re invited! Join LifeSite in celebrating 25 years of pro-life and pro-family reporting at our anniversary Gala August 17th in Naples, Florida. Tickets and sponsorships can be purchased by clicking here.
(LifeSiteNews) — Canadian Conservatives continue to express outrage with the Trudeau government’s mandatory ArriveCAN quarantine app after a video surfaced of an elderly man in a wheelchair being accosted for not using the app despite not owning a cellphone.
In the video posted last week on social media, a public health official can be seen telling the wheelchair-bound 86-year-old man that he is obligated to use the federal Liberal government’s ArriveCAN quarantine-monitoring app in order to re-enter the country, explaining that failure to do so can result in a fine of $5,000.
“This is bureaucracy gone amok,” the elderly man said to the official.
“This is one of the requirements as part of the quarantine act to get back in,” the public health official replied.
“Well, you’ve got my COVID shots, I’ve had four of them. You have my passport, why not just do the paperwork and get this over with?” the man asked.
“Because they want the app, the government wants the app,” the official responded.
The video was met with immediate outrage by Conservative politicians who, along with ordinary Canadians, have continued to express their frustration with the app and its ever-expanding usages.
“It’s time to end the mandatory use of the ArriveCan app and return to pre-pandemic norms,” Conservative Party of Canada interim leader Candance Bergen posted Monday on social media.
It’s time to end the mandatory use of the ArriveCan app and return to pre-pandemic norms.https://t.co/lKG9xQfh4F
— Candice Bergen (@CandiceBergenMP) July 18, 2022
“This is how stupid things have gotten with this Liberal government. Rules for the sake of rules. Rules that don’t make sense. Rules that leave people upset and angry. Stop forcing ArriveCan on people. Restore sanity to our airports,” added Conservative leadership candidate Pierre Poilievre.
This is how stupid things have gotten with this Liberal government.
Rules for the sake of rules. Rules that don’t make sense. Rules that leave people upset and angry.
Stop forcing ArriveCan on people. Restore sanity to our airports. https://t.co/hUepm7fhJC
— Pierre Poilievre (@PierrePoilievre) July 16, 2022
“The Liberals ArriveCan app continues to be a glitching failure that only serves to grind our tourism to a halt & force symptom free Canadians into quarantine. I have said all along that I wouldn’t just end ArriveCan, I would end ALL digital ID programs,” chimed in the only pro-life Conservative leadership candidate, Dr. Leslyn Lewis.
The Liberals Arrivecan app continues to be a glitching failure that only serves to grind our tourism to a halt & force symptom free Canadians into quarantine. I have said all along that I wouldn’t just end Arrivecan, I would end ALL digital ID programs. https://t.co/bRdSMkgreT
— Dr. Leslyn Lewis (@LeslynLewis) July 19, 2022
With ArriveCAN being made mandatory last November, along with recent statements by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino suggesting that the app has utility “beyond” COVID and will help Canada “modernize” its border by allowing travelers to verify their customs information before their planes even land, many Canadians are concerned about the government’s true intentions.
This time last year, Justin Trudeau and his media allies were at the forefront of falsely accusing Catholic institutions of having buried Indigenous children in mass graves at various residential schools across Canada.
There was and is no credible evidence to support these wild accusations, but many Canadians are still unaware of the facts.
SIGN to demand an apology from Justin Trudeau for promoting the "mass grave" smear
The anger generated by the media at home and abroad saw over twenty Canadian churches burned, and extensive damage done to many more, but the record has never been set straight in what amounts to a disinformation campaign.
Terry Glavin at the National Post recently wrote a masterful piece that may go down in history as the definitive “debunking” of the assertions about the mass graves that never were.
Glavin points out that “nothing new was added to the public record” concerning the history of residential schools in Canada.
“The legacy of the schools had already been exhaustively explored in the testimony of hundreds of elders and a series of inquiries, public hearings, criminal cases, settlements and federal investigations going back decades. Most important of these efforts were the widely publicized undertakings of the 2008-2015 Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC), and the content of its voluminous findings,” Glavin wrote.
“…[N]ot a single mass grave was discovered in Canada last year,” he added.
“The several sites of unmarked graves that captured international headlines were either already-known cemeteries, or they remain sites of speculation even now, unverified as genuine grave sites.”
“Not a single child” accounted for during the extensively researched commission “was located in any of these places,” Glavin underscored.
“In none of these places were any human remains unearthed.”
SIGN and SHARE the petition calling on Justin Trudeau to set the record straight.
Even Trudeau's kneeling at what was reported upon as a just-discovered residential school burial ground was a lie - it was actually a well-known Catholic cemetery, but the media didn't let these details get in the way of reinforcing their narrative.
Trudeau also called on Pope Francis to come to Canada and apologize for what had happened, as outlets like Reuters, the New York Times and scores more told the world that “nearly 1000 bodies” had been found in two mass graves.
Those online articles were quietly edited from "mass graves" to "unmarked graves", but we still have the Twitter posts from major outlets like Reuters to prove the staggering level of misinformation.
SIGN: Justin Trudeau must tell Canadians the truth - there were no mass graves
According to an extensive investigation by Professor Emeritus Jacques Rouillard from the Université de Montréal: “The ‘discovery’ was first reported last May 27 (2021) by Tk’emlúps te secwépemc First Nation Chief Rosanne Casimir after an anthropologist, Sarah Beaulieu, used ground-penetrating radar in a search for the remains of children alleged by some to be buried there.”
“Her preliminary report is actually based on depressions and abnormalities in the soil of an apple orchard near the school – not on exhumed remains.”
Professor Rouillard opined that the unverifiable narrative of what could have amounted to child-murder has led to the false assertion of genocide, an assertion without any supporting evidence.
“By never pointing out that it is only a matter of speculation or potentiality, and that no remains have yet been found, governments and the media are simply granting credence to what is really a thesis: the thesis of the ‘disappearance’ of children from residential schools,” Rouillard wrote.
“And all of this is based only on soil abnormalities that could easily be caused by root movements, as the anthropologist herself cautioned in the July 15 press conference.”
The vast majority of Canadians have been misled by the media and Mr. Trudeau, believing the most incredible smears imaginable, leading to scores of attacks on churches around the country.
It's time we heard the truth.
Please sign the petition today.
We are also cc'ing Canada's Catholic bishops on this petition - they must also demand the record be corrected, lest Canadians continue believing the mainstream media's disinformation.
For More Information:
How the world's media got it wrong on residential school graves - National Post
Trudeau lied about the bogus mass grave story - LifeSiteNews
Trudeau's narrative was a hoax - LifeSiteNews
**Photo: St. Jean Baptiste Church in Morinville burned to the ground on June 30, 2021**
“The growth of the scope of the ArriveCAN app is troubling,” Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms lawyer Hatim Kheir told LifeSiteNews by email last week in response to Medcinio’s statements. “It started as a tool for monitoring quarantine. It was expanded to include health data, specifically, COVID vaccination status. It is being further expanded to include customs information.”
“Under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, every Canadian citizen has the right to enter Canada. The app infringes that right of mobility by acting as a barrier to returning,” explained Kheir, adding, “The app also poses serious threats to privacy” as “Canadians should not be required to disclose personal, medical information as a precondition to exercising their right to return home.”
“The move towards apps that do everything means all the information uploaded is contained in a single source which can be breached or misused. Privacy means controlling your personal information. The consolidation of information in ArriveCAN erodes that control,” the attorney warned.