News
Featured Image
 ESB Professional/Shutterstock

(The Daily Sceptic) – There have been 12,517 excess non-COVID deaths registered in England and Wales in the 14 weeks since April 23rd, according to the latest official data from the Office for National Statistics, released on Tuesday.

In the week ending July 29, the most recent week for which data are available, 11,013 deaths were registered in England and Wales, which is 1,678 (18 percent) above the five-year average for the week. Of these, 810 mentioned COVID-19 on the death certificate as a contributory cause and 531 mentioned COVID-19 as underlying cause, leaving 1,147 deaths from a different underlying cause. Note that this was the week following the brief but intense heatwave (with recorded temperatures topping 40°C [104ºF] for the first time in some areas), so some of these will be heatwave-related deaths, as will many of the additional COVID deaths (being people who happened to have COVID at the time).

At the Daily Sceptic we have been following what appears to be a correlation between the spring fourth-dose booster rollout among over-75s in England and a wave of now over 12,500 non-COVID excess deaths that are currently unexplained (see chart below).

If all of these deaths were a result of the spring boosters (of which 4,201,990 have been delivered up to July 29) it would be a rate of one every 336 doses. That figure is likely an upper bound, as not all the additional deaths may be due to the boosters (some may be due to the pressures on hospitals and emergency services, for example). We saw last week that these U.K. data are broadly in line with data from the Netherlands analysed by vaccine scientist Dr. Theo Schetters.

— Article continues below Petition —
Send prayers for Archie and his parents after 12-year-old's life is ended
  Show Petition Text
13181 have signed the petition.
Let's get to 15000!
Thank you for signing this petition!
Add your signature:
  Show Petition Text
Keep me updated via email on this petition and related issues.
Keep me updated via email on this petition and related issues.

UPDATE (8/6/22): We are heartbroken to tell you that Archie's life-support was switched off on Saturday 6 August.

We ask you to add your name to the prayerful message we are sending Archie's parents, Hollie and Paul, who are suffering the most devastating time of their lives. 

Both the European Court of Human Rights and a UK High Court turned down respective applications by Archie's parents to halt the withdrawal of life-support and allow them to transfer their son to hospice care.

This cruel betrayal by the legal and medical establishment, who even denied Archie the right to travel abroad where treatment was being offered to him, represents another blow to the notion that human rights and parents' wishes really matter.

We can only hold Archie and the entire family in our prayers now.

Thank you for your support.

May God have mercy on them all.

-----

Archie Battersbee (12) is on life-support in a UK hospital following a tragic accident, but doctors now want to end his treatment despite his distraught parents begging medics to let God decide when he dies.

Archie's heartbroken mother has submitted an application to the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) that prevented the hospital turning off her son's life-support earlier today. 

SIGN this urgent petition in support of Archie and his family - tell the ECHR to Let Archie Live.

Lawyers for the hospital last night told Archie's family that he cannot be moved to a hospice, and that if an application to the ECHR was not received by 9am on 3 August, life support would be withdrawn at 11am.

Thankfully the family's lawyers submitted the ECHR application, or Archie would now be dead.

Archie’s mother Hollie Dance said: “We are very relieved (that Archie's machine was not turned off), we are having to battle every decision with the hospital. We now hope and pray that the ECHR will look favorably on the application."

"We will not give up on Archie until the end. Heartbreakingly, the hospital Trust have told us that we cannot move Archie to a hospice....This is cruel and we are absolutely appalled,” she added.

The family are also receiving offers from doctors abroad to treat Archie, but they are not allowed to transfer their son from the hospital.

On Tuesday government lawyers also convinced the UK's Supreme Court to dismiss the interim measures injunction issued by the United Nations Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD), which said Archie’s treatment should not be removed.

Archie's life is on the line - he needs us to raise the alarm throughout the world today.

SIGN AND SHARE this urgent petition today.

It is unspeakably cruel to drag Archie's mother through the courts when her son is in such a devastating condition - she should be allowed to spend this precious time with him, not having to fight tooth and nail to prevent doctors from withdrawing treatment.

While Archie's doctors claim he is "brain-stem dead", not one medic would testify before the courts that this is definitely the case. 

In fact, Archie's parents have footage of their son gripping their fingers, contrary to the doctors' claim he is "brain-stem dead".

Instead, Archie's mom is insisting that God should decide when her son passes, not doctors, lawyers, judges and politicians. 

Archie's dad, Paul Battersbee, fell ill outside the Court of Appeals on 25 July as he awaited a ruling that upheld the hospital's right to withdraw life-support treatment. 

Such is the stress, anxiety and pain that is being inflicted on these poor parents.

Please stand with this sorrowful mother and father today as they fight for their beloved son. 

Sign The Petition: Let Archie Live.

And please say a prayer for Archie and his family - this was the scene before lawyers managed to submit the ECHR application:

 

MORE INFORMATION: 
UK Supreme Court refuses more time for Archie's parents to appeal to UN court - LifeSiteNews

"We will not give up on Archie" - UK mother vows to fight court order - LifeSiteNews

  Hide Petition Text

Deaths by date of occurrence spiked even further in the week ending July 22, which is likely to be connected with the heatwave of July 18–19. One oddity is that the spike began in the previous week, before the heatwave occurred, the reason for which is not immediately obvious. More generally, excess non-COVID deaths have remained at a high level as the spring vaccination campaign has wound down, meaning the close correlation has not continued. This may be an indication of ongoing vaccine injury, perhaps in conjunction with lasting effects from previous COVID infection, or of the operation of another cause which has not yet been identified.

C/O: The Daily Sceptic

As noted in previous weeks, the cause of the deaths appears to be largely related to diseases of the heart and blood vessels. Cancer deaths are, perhaps surprisingly given the withdrawal of healthcare access during the pandemic, broadly at normal levels, suggesting there is something other than lack of access to healthcare going on.

The continued high level of excess deaths is unexpected as, following the 144,000 excess deaths of the last two and a half years, we would have anticipated a period of lower-than-average deaths. Oddly, the Government has shown no interest in investigating this. When Esther McVey MP, chair of the Pandemic Response and Recovery All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG), submitted a written question asking the Cabinet Office what steps it was taking “to investigate the higher than expected rate of deaths of 12.2% above the five-year average”, it simply referred the matter to the U.K. Statistics Authority, which merely said it will continue to publish the relevant statistics.

Oxford Professor of Evidence-Based Medicine Dr. Carl Heneghan and his colleague Dr. Tom Jefferson have now joined the call for the government to investigate these thousands of unexplained excess deaths, noting “we are not aware that the causes for the variations identified have been investigated, nor that there is a recognised threshold to trigger such an investigation”.

“This suggests a lack of interest,” they added, “and begs the question of why such data are collected in the first place.”

“Nevertheless, the signals in the data suggest something is not quite right.”

Reprinted with permission from The Daily Sceptic.

Comments

Commenting Guidelines
LifeSiteNews welcomes thoughtful, respectful comments that add useful information or insights. Demeaning, hostile or propagandistic comments, and streams not related to the storyline, will be removed.

LSN commenting is not for frequent personal blogging, on-going debates or theological or other disputes between commenters.

Multiple comments from one person under a story are discouraged (suggested maximum of three). Capitalized sentences or comments will be removed (Internet shouting).

LifeSiteNews gives priority to pro-life, pro-family commenters and reserves the right to edit or remove comments.

Comments under LifeSiteNews stories do not necessarily represent the views of LifeSiteNews.

4 Comments

    Loading...