AUSTIN, TX, July 16, 2015 (LifeSiteNews) – After the 2012 election, Planned Parenthood believed its future was assured. Its half-billion dollar annual subsidy from U.S. taxpayers had been protected by accusing anyone who threatened it of waging a “war on women.”
This week, following a 30-month-long investigation by the Center for Medical Progress, the nation's largest abortion provider is under investigation by the U.S. House of Representatives and five states: Louisiana, Texas, Ohio, Georgia, and Indiana.
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal announced the investigation – and the fact that he is holding up the organization's construction of an 8,000 square foot abortion megafacility in New Orleans – shortly after the video discussing the sale of unborn children's body parts surfaced.
The governor of neighboring Texas, Greg Abbott, followed his lead. “In light of the video, I have directed the Texas Health and Human Services Commission to conduct an immediate investigation of this alleged practice in addition to a separate investigation ordered by the Texas Office of the Attorney General,” he said.
Calling the video footage “appalling,” Lt. Governor Dan Patrick added, “I am requesting that Senator Charles Schwertner and the Senate Health and Human Services Committee conduct an interim hearing within the next month to ensure no laws are being broken.”
Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal ordered the state's Department of Community Health and the Department of Public Health “to ensure this horrific practice is not occurring here.” Staci Fox, the chief executive of Planned Parenthood Southeast, said the group is “disappointed that Governor Deal has been distracted by this attack instead of staying focused on what really matters to women in Georgia. These charges are completely false, and they are based on politics.”
Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine, a former governor and U.S. senator, launched an investigation to determine whether the abortion facility is “profiting from the sale of aborted babies” in the Buckeye state. Kellie Copeland, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio, objected that “Mike DeWine is taking orders from Ohio Right to Life.”
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence ordered the Indiana State Department of Health – and sent copies of his letter to the U.S. Attorneys in the state and county prosecutors in every county where Planned Parenthood performs abortions. “Whatever one’s view on the issue of abortion, Hoosiers can be assured that we will make certain that this appalling practice is not taking place in Indiana,” he said.
Click “like” if you are PRO-LIFE!
All the relevant state officials are Republicans who support the right to life.