LifeSiteNews has been permanently banned on YouTube. Click HERE to sign up to receive emails when we add to our video library.
April 19, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) – Evangelical leader Rev. Franklin Graham has a dire warning for the United States concerning God’s reaction to the policies currently being pursued by America’s ruling class.
“What’s happened politically in our country is a disgrace, what took place in the last election. It’s wrong, but it’s happened. But I just believe that the only hope for our nation is God,” Graham told conservative radio host Todd Starnes in an interview Thursday. “Christians need to get on their knees and pray that God would intervene and somehow save this nation or give us more time because I believe God’s judgment is coming.”
Graham, who is also president of the Christian charity Samaritan’s Purse, touched on issues ranging from Democrat desires to “pack” the U.S. Supreme Court with additional left-wing justices, which he called “dangerous,” to the “frightening” challenge of American states and foreign governments that have resisted calls to lay down the emergency powers they assumed last year in the name of containing the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We just need to pray that God will intervene and stop them from doing this,” Graham said of Democrats and court-packing. “It just seems like the whole country is upside down right now. We just need to pray that not only will God bring his voice … but that people would listen to him and seek His face and call on Him because our country is in great trouble.”
House Democrats, in a strict party-line vote, recently passed legislation to conduct a massive federal overhaul of America’s elections and voting protocols, making the inconsistency, confusion, and funny business that plagued 2020 the new, permanent norm in our country.
The bill is called H.R. 1 (also known, ironically, as the “For the People” Act), and, if passed by the Democrat-controlled Senate, will mark the beginning of a once-in-a-generation transfer of power from the people of our country to its politicians.
That’s we must act NOW, and implore our U.S. Senators to vote against this dangerous legislation when it comes before them for a vote.
Please SIGN and SHARE this urgent petition asking all U.S. Senators to oppose H.R. 1 as a matter of national importance.
Democrat sponsors have attempted to promote H.R. 1 as a bill to expand voting rights in America, but, in reality, it is the exact opposite.
Among the 791-page bill’s provisions are the following:
- Transfer of control over congressional elections from state governments to the federal government, even though the Constitution explicitly states that such authority belongs solely to states.
- Automatic voter registration, which would require every state to add all eligible citizens to their voting rolls (unless they manually opt out) under the law. This would, additionally, shield illegal aliens who are automatically registered to vote from prosecution, without making an affirmative declaration about the status of their citizenship.
- Mandatory early voting in all 50 states for at least 15 days prior to an actual election, as well as unlimited ballot harvesting and a 10-day deadline extension past an election for mail-in ballots to be received and processed.
- Mandatory, nationwide mail-in voting, without any requirement that individuals provide a form of personal identification upon applying for their mail-in ballot. This would also require that those individuals who request a mail-in ballot be automatically registered to receive mail-in ballots in every election to follow.
- Transfer of control over drawing congressional district maps from each individual state’s legislature to “independent” commissions – another power reserved, in the Constitution, for states specifically.
- Federal funding of campaigns, which would use taxpayer dollars to match campaign contributions made by Americans citizens to candidates for federal office at a rate of 600% (you read that right – your money, being used to fund campaigns and candidates you may not support, nor even have the chance to actually to vote for).
And, that's just the tip of the iceberg.
If H.R. 1 passes the Senate and goes to Joe Biden’s desk, the American people may never participate in a free, open, and fair election ever again.
It is, therefore, imperative that we act to save our Republic from this disastrous legislation NOW.
Please SIGN and SHARE this urgent petition which urges all U.S. Senators to oppose the anti-democratic piece of legislation, H.R. 1, today.
And, after signing this petition, please CLICK HERE to DIRECTLY CONTACT your U.S. Senators by using the simple contact form LifeSite is providing, here. It is a simple, one-click process, and you don't even have to look up any of your Senators' contact information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
'Here’s the anti-people agenda of HR 1 on election reform' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/heres-the-anti-people-agenda-of-hr-1-on-election-reform
'Democrats’ horrifying ‘For the People’ Act would supercharge vote fraud, end America' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/democrats-horrifying-for-the-people-act-would-supercharge-vote-fraud-end-america
'The Democrats’ ‘For the People’ Act would make it impossible to hold free and fair elections in America' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/democrats-are-pushing-the-for-the-people-act-in-attempt-to-make-impossible-to-hold-free-and-fair-elections-in-america
**Photo Credit: Shutterstock
Despite the severity of the situation, Graham offered cause to be optimistic about the final outcome, as well.
“We see the whole world, nation after nation, shut down, and it’s just frightening when you see what’s taking place, but at the same time, I’ve read the last pages of history,” he said. “I know what God is going to do and His Son is coming back and he’s going to establish his kingdom here on this earth.”
Graham added that Samaritan’s Purse continues to take an active role in serving the public on multiple fronts, from Decision America speaking tours to aiding communities that have been devastated by tornadoes and flooding this year.
“We’re busy, but at the same time, whatever storms come, whatever may happen, Samaritan’s Purse will always respond and we’ll do it in Jesus’ name,” he said.