You have not enabled cookies! This site requires cookies to operate properly. Please enable cookies, and refresh your browser for full functionality.

PHILADELPHIA, June 26, 2013 ( – Jailed abortionist Kermit Gosnell surprised a federal courtroom this morning when he rejected a plea bargain on charges that he illegally dispensed prescription drugs from his West Philadelphia ‘house of horrors’.

Gosnell, 72, did not explain why he was rejecting the plea bargain, which would have given him 20 years in prison, served concurrently with his three consecutive life sentences. A trial has been set for Sept. 9th.

“You can counsel a horse to water but you can't counsel him to drink,” said Gosnell’s attorney, Jack McMahon, according to reporter Sean O’Sullivan of Delaware’s News Journal.


Gosnell simply was “not ready to do this,” added McMahon, who also pointed out that Gosnell has no concern about time in prison because of his previous convictions.

Gosnell was originally scheduled to enter a guilty plea on June 12 but it was postponed to this morning.

Click “like” if you want to end abortion!

The late-term abortionist was found guilty last month on three counts of first-degree murder, as well as involuntary manslaughter and hundreds of violations of Pennsylvania state abortion law. Judge Jeffrey Minehart sentenced him to three consecutive life sentences. The abortionist escaped the death penalty by agreeing to waive his right to appeal.

Prosecutors say Gosnell wrote thousands of prescriptions for such highly addictive medications as OxyContin, alprazolam, and cough medicine containing codeine. According to NBC 10, Gosnell wrote as many 200 prescriptions in one night.

Patients paid him $20 per script and the employees an additional $10 or $20.

They accuse Gosnell of making at least $200,000 peddling prescriptions between June 2008 and February 2010.

In all, Gosnell earned an estimated $1.8 million a year at his filthy facility, located at 3801 Lancaster Avenue.

It was the allegation that Gosnell ran a “pill mill” that led police to raid his abortion facility on February 10, 2010, where they stumbled upon the extent of his abortion-related crimes and unsanitary conditions.