News
Featured Image
 shutterstock.com

LifeSiteNews has produced an extensive COVID-19 vaccines resources page. View it here. 

April 13, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — The Italian Senate has voted almost unanimously in favor of early outpatient treatment therapies for COVID, accepting a motion introduced by Senator Massimiliano Romeo, a member of Matteo Salvini’s Lega.

Even though the motion will need to go through further parliamentary process, the decision is a breakthrough. Without defining actual protocols and medicines, the Senate put the subject squarely on the table and answers will need to be given.

Dr. Andrea Stramezzi, a prominent Italian doctor, told Xavier Azalbert of the only consistently anti-sanitary dictatorship national daily in France, FranceSoir: “The issue is to treat COVID, not to wait (until) it’s already reached a situation of cytokine storms where you cannot save the patient without hospitals, without ICU. So we are very, very happy.”

A commission will now be set up to establish which medicines should be used and also their timing.

AIFA, the Italian Medicines Agency, had already been brought to court by Dr. Stramezzi and several other doctors to put an end to the protocol that involved giving only paracetamol and then “waiting and waiting” until the patient needed to go to hospital for treatment. AIFA will be writing its own protocols, but the Senate Commission will also submit its own conclusions.

Dr. Stramezzi told FranceSoir that the medical doctor who has been named to head the commission, Matteo Bassetti of Genoa, is already known, but the other participants are not. While the outcome of their work remains to be seen, Dr. Stramezzi said he hoped they would be choosing “the right way.”

The objective is to define a protocol for early treatment and roll it out to all medical centers and doctors in Italy, Dr. Stramezzi confirmed. He noted that in Italy, as in France, the same “virus stars” — virologists using the same approach — appear every evening on television to say that “only the vaccination campaign” will make it possible to move out of the pandemic, “and they also say: ‘We don’t have any treatment.’”

“That is not true,” Stramezzi insisted. He suggested that either these media doctors have connections with “Big Pharma” or they don’t know what COVID actually is, because they don’t see outpatients at the beginning of the infection but only in-patients who are already experiencing a cytokine storm and not breathing anymore. “So they haven’t understood, in my opinion, how to treat COVID,” he said.

— Article continues below Petition —
PETITION: Call for Vatican to rescind restrictions on private and traditional rite Masses at St. Peter's
  Show Petition Text
19357 have signed the petition.
Let's get to 20000!
Thank you for signing this petition!
Add your signature:
  Show Petition Text
Keep me updated via email on this petition and related issues.
Keep me updated via email on this petition and related issues.

A senior Church prelate is strongly opposing a new Vatican proposal to ban private Masses and restrict traditional rite Masses at the world's premier church, St. Peter's Basilica in Rome.

Cardinal Raymond Burke said that the new directions, issued by Pope Francis’ Secretariat of State, should be "rescinded" since they are "contrary to" and in "direct violation of" universal Church law.

Therefore, we ask you to SIGN and SHARE this petition, which is directed to Pope Francis and the current and just retired Archpriest of St. Peter's Basilica (Cardinals Mauro Gambetti and Angelo Comastri, respectively), and which asks them to rescind the new directive banning private Masses and restricting traditional rite Masses at St. Peter's.

On March 12th, the Vatican’s Secretariat of State circulated a note with details of new dispositions restricting all “individual” Masses in Saint Peter’s, with special, even more restrictive measures for the traditional rite.

The note, which was unsigned, stated among other things that "individual celebrations are suppressed."

In response, Cardinal Burke said the new rules cause the faithful, and above all, priests, the "deepest concerns."

In particular, he addresses the celebration of private or "individual" Masses at the Basilica, something that the new document appears to target, writing:

The document imposes concelebration upon priests who wish to offer the Holy Mass in Saint Peter’s Basilica, which is contrary to universal Church law and which unjustly conditions the primary duty of the individual priest to offer the Holy Mass daily for the salvation of the world (can. 902).

In what church more than in the Basilica of Saint Peter would a priest desire to offer the Holy Mass, which is the most perfect and fullest way in which he carries out his priestly mission? If an individual priest wishes to offer the Holy Mass in the Basilica, once the directives in question are in force, he will be constrained to concelebrate, in violation of his freedom to offer the Holy Mass individually.

Quoting from the Council of Trent, Burke then emphasized the fact that the whole Church benefits spiritually from every Mass that is said, whether with people attending or without, stating:

The holy council would certainly like the faithful present at every Mass to communicate in it not only by spiritual devotion but also by sacramental reception of the Eucharist, so that the fruits of this most holy sacrifice could be theirs more fully.

But, if this does not always happen, the council does not for that reason condemn as private and illicit Masses (can. 8) in which only the priest communicates. Rather, it approves and commends them, for they too should be considered truly communal Masses, partly because the people communicate spiritually in them and partly because they are celebrated by a public minister of the Church, not for his own good alone, but for all the faithful who belong to the body of Christ’ (Session XXII, Chapter 6).

Please SIGN now and support the call to Pope Francis and the current and just retired Archpriest of St. Peter's to rescind the new directives which would severely restrict priests from offering private and traditional rite Holy Masses at St. Peter's Basilica.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Cardinal Burke: Vatican’s ban on private Masses in St. Peter’s Basilica should be ‘rescinded’ - https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cardinal-burke-vaticans-ban-on-private-masses-in-st-peters-basilica-should-be-rescinded

**Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com

  Hide Petition Text

“We know how to treat COVID: all over the world, they know,” he stressed, quoting a conference call during which many doctors from Brazil, Canada, the United States, and South America explained that they are treating outpatients with many different medicines: hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, ivermectin, cortisone, heparin.

“COVID is treatable. That’s very important and that’s why the Senate’s decision has changed the cards on the table,” Dr. Stramezzi said. “Now we can say officially that the therapy exists. And so we have to improve the numbers of doctors who go to people’s homes or who use telemedicine, who call patients and start to treat them. If we start to treat all people with early treatment – outpatients – we can empty hospitals and we can stop people dying. And we can open up restaurants, bars, schools, and whatever. The right way is this way. Of course, we can do vaccines, if you want to do it, if you trust them, you are free to do it. The campaign is correct: let’s vaccinate everybody. But we need to treat people.”

He noted that the previous day 700 deaths were attributed to COVID in Italy. “That is not a acceptable after more than one year of pandemic, because now we know how to treat,” he said.

Stramezzi and other Italian doctors wrote to the government a year ago to suggest the use of a therapy that by now has allowed them to treat and cure more than 10,000 patients, with only “five or six” deaths, but the government was not interested.

Media coverage of the Senate’s latest decision to at least investigate possible early treatments has been sparse in Italy. According to Stramezzi, another doctor who has been treating outpatients with success from the start, Luigi Cavanna, was recommended for the Nobel Peace Prize last December, but he did not obtain one line from the mainstream media.

Two lawsuits won by Stramezzi and others against AIFA and the ministry of health were also blacked out by the national media, who “talk about vaccines 24 hours a day.” “It seems the mainstream is not interested in treatments,” he added.

Answering a query from Azalbert, he said 15 percent or 20 percent of doctors, “those who don’t watch television,” are aware of the early treatments. Stramezzi and his group are using social media to reach the public and explain that their fear of COVID is unjustified because there is an efficient cure. With a cure, he said, the “fear factor” can be removed.

It is in fact the only way to stop people from relying on the vaccine and lockdown measures as the only possible remedies that could allow reopening the country. Stramezzi concluded that every nation should have teams of doctors, journalists and lawyers who would join internationally to get the word out that treatment is possible: “We are the people, we have to be united in this fight. If the government doesn’t understand what to do, we have understood and we have to say what we know.”

The Italian Piedmont region has already taken steps in the right direction. Since the beginning of March, the administrative region led by Alberto Cirio of Forza Italia decided to change course in its fight against COVID. After one year of recommending only paracetamol and “watchful waiting” until the worst cases turned up in hospitals – these are AIFA’s official guidelines – the regional administrative court concurred with a group of “dissident” doctors who wanted early treatment to be recognized.

Now a political decision has followed.

“We are convinced, because we have observed it in the field since the first wave, that in many cases the virus can be fought very effectively by treating patients at home,” explained regional health councillor Luigi Icardi. “It doesn't mean just prescribing acetaminophen over the phone and standing by vigilantly, but taking care of patients at home.”

Piedmont had already signed a protocol last year guaranteeing health care free choice regarding treatment. Now, alongside heparin, steroids and antibiotics, Piedmont was introduced for the first time in Italy protocols including vitamin D, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and hydroxychloroquine. Use of the latter is legal for COVID since the Council of State has allowed the prescription under precise responsibility and under strict control of the doctor.

The region is also setting up outpatient clinics that will allow better services for diagnosis and management of COVID-19, including oxygen saturation monitoring and blood gas analysis as well as electrocardiograms, ultrasounds and other tests.

Locally, the Academy of Medicine of Turin has also set up a working group to assess the benefits of vitamin D, both in prevention and for complications related to the Wuhan coronavirus. Three hundred researchers listed on PubMed have already observed that a lack of vitamin D is common to a majority of COVID patients and associated with higher mortality. The Turin study showed that 31.86 percent of symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 bearers and a whopping 96.82 percent of those who were admitted into ICUs had a vitamin D deficiency.

In a randomized trial of 76 oligosymptomatic patients, the percentage of subjects who subsequently required ICU admission was 2 percent when treated with high doses of calcifediol and 50 percent in untreated patients.

Comments

Commenting Guidelines

LifeSiteNews welcomes thoughtful, respectful comments that add useful information or insights. Demeaning, hostile or propagandistic comments, and streams not related to the storyline, will be removed.

LSN commenting is not for frequent personal blogging, on-going debates or theological or other disputes between commenters.

Multiple comments from one person under a story are discouraged (suggested maximum of three). Capitalized sentences or comments will be removed (Internet shouting).

LifeSiteNews gives priority to pro-life, pro-family commenters and reserves the right to edit or remove comments.

Comments under LifeSiteNews stories do not necessarily represent the views of LifeSiteNews.