LifeSite is hiring journalists! Come join our team.
Are you passionate about the battle for life and family?
We are facing a growing assault on all that is good and true in our world, and we need passionate, faith-filled men and women to come and join us in the fight to restore the Christian foundations of our society.
If you’re ready to give your life for the cause, then you’re in the right place.
Apply to be a LifeSite journalist in the U.S. here: https://lifesitenews.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=51
Apply to be a LifeSite journalist in Canada here: https://lifesitenews.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=38
Here is the job ad below:
LifeSiteNews is seeking a passionate, faith-filled person to serve as a full-time journalist covering crucial news in the battle for life, family, and the restoration of Christian culture.
The successful applicant will be tasked with finding and writing top-notch shareable content that will inform and inspire readers. Candidates must be highly motivated, have top-notch writing skills, and have the ability and humility to work with our editing team to learn the tools of online journalism.
This position reports to the Managing Editor.
A successful candidate will have:
- excellent research and writing skills
- a meticulous eye for detail and accuracy
- comfortability doing telephone interviews
- knowledge of the global pro-life and pro-family movements
- knowledge of Catholic teachings and traditions
- keen interest in current events in the Church and world
- high self-motivation, and ability to thrive in a high-stress, fast-paced environment with constant rolling deadlines
- facility and experience with web publishing platforms, Microsoft Office, social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), Skype
- willingness to take direction and adapt, and ability to work well on a team
- excellent communication skills
- willingness to work hours as needed, including occasional nights and weekends
Salary is negotiable based upon need and experience. Keep in mind that while LifeSite aims to meet our employees' financial needs, we are a mission-based non-profit.
Your application should include a resume, cover letter, at least three references, five or more samples of your journalism, and answers to the list of questions provided.
The cover letter should explain your interest in working for LifeSite, and outline how your experience has proven both your commitment to LifeSite’s mission and your ability to succeed in the position. It must show knowledge of and interest in LifeSite’s mission and reporting.
The references are important. Please be aware that at a later stage of the application process, you may be required to arrange calls for us with your references.
We will contact successful applicants for an interview. Prior to a hiring decision, applicants will be required to take on several assignments at a freelance rate. New employees are required to fly to Ontario for a week of training around the first month on the job, so a passport is essential.
LOCATION: While LifeSiteNews has offices in Front Royal, Virginia and Toronto, Ontario, many of our staff telecommute from home offices. As such, this position is open to telecommuters.