– the U.S. House Armed Services Committee has just rejected proposals that would have allowed abortions to be performed on overseas military bases.
– Pope JohnPaul II met on Thursday with the German bishops to discuss their refusal so far to end their involvement with abortion counselling.
– a lawyer for Jack Kevorkian is preparing a motion seeking a retrial of Kevorkian’s 2nd- degree murder conviction.
– A bill to allow pharmacists to refuse to fill prescriptions for abortifacient drugs was defeated 33-27 Wednesday in the Oregon legislature.
– The current issue of Suicide and Life-Threatening Behaviour reports dramatic increases in fatalities among certain patients immediately after widespread publicity of suicides by patients with similar medical conditions.