March for Life Chicago 2016: Thousands converge this Sunday to proclaim sanctity of human life
CHICAGO, January 14, 2016 (LifeSiteNews) -- The 2016 March for Life Chicago will draw a diverse crowd from across Illinois and the Midwest. On Sunday, January 17, 2016, people from varied ethnic, social, and religious backgrounds will come together on Chicago’s Federal Plaza to proclaim the sanctity of human life and call for an end to abortion as they march through the Loop beginning at 2 p.m. (Central).
Organizers anticipate the 2016 March for Life Chicago to draw more than 5,000 participants, making it the largest pro-life event in the Midwest to date.
Chicago’s Archbishop Blase Cupich returns to the March for Life Chicago after a well-received debut at last year’s event. As he marked with sadness the January 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion in the United States, Cupich encouraged the pro-life crowd. He reminded listeners that, “We are here to do everything possible to make sure that the right to life is preserved.” Chicago’s highest ranking Catholic will share the March for Life stage with clergy representing Orthodox and Evangelical church leaders. Additional speakers include an abortion survivor who testified before the U.S. Congress.
“The theme for this year’s March for Life Chicago is ‘We Are Family,’” shared Emily Zender, president of March for Life Chicago, explaining, “We want every woman and man in an unplanned pregnancy to know that no matter what obstacles they may be facing, the pro-life ‘family’ is there to support them. We want everyone to understand that families are very diverse, including biological children, adopted children, downs syndrome children, single moms and single dads.”
Click "like" if you are PRO-LIFE!
The 2016 March for Life Chicago encourages those facing an unplanned pregnancy to choose life for their family and assures them that those who proclaim the sanctity of human life are here to offer help and support.
WHAT: 2016 March for Life Chicago
WHEN: Sunday, January 17, 2016, from 2 to 4 p.m. (Central)
WHO: Thousands of individuals and pro-life groups from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, Ohio and Missouri.
WHERE: Federal Plaza, 50 W Adams, Chicago
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: www.MarchForLifeChicago.org
- Emily Zender, Executive Director of the Illinois Right to Life and President of the March for Life Chicago
- The Right Reverend Paul (Gassios), Bishop of Chicago and the Midwest, Orthodox Church of America
- Reverend Corey Brooks, pastor of New Beginnings Church of Chicago
- Most Reverend Blase J. Cupich, Archbishop of Chicago, Roman Catholic Church
- Dan Kulp, comedian and father of three adopted children
- Eareen James “EJ” Yambao, Students for Life Illinois Student Leader, DePaul Students for Life
- U.S. Congressman Randy Hultgren, 14th District (R-IL)
- Melissa Ohden, abortion survivor who testified before Congress
- Reverend Wilfredo De Jesús, Senior Pastor of New Life Covenant Church
- Pat McCaskey
- Firsthand stories from women whose lives were changed
Presenting organizations include:
- Illinois Right to Life
- Orthodox Church of America Chicago Deanery
- L.E.A.R.N. – Life Education and Resource Network
- Students for Life of Illinois
- Pro Life Action League
- Archdiocese of Chicago
- Archdiocese of Chicago Respect Life Office
- Lake County Right to Life
- Catholic Conference of Illinois
- Couples for Christ Foundation for Family and Life
- Renovación Carismática Católica Hispana
- Spirit Juice Studios
- Pro-Life Wisconsin
- Thomas More Society
- Southside Pregnancy Center
- Aid For Women
- Families in Christ Jesus
- Relevant Radio
- The Women's Center
About the March for Life Chicago
The March for Life Chicago is an annual public event composed of people from diverse ethnic, social, and religious backgrounds dedicated to defending and protecting all human life. The event marks with deep sadness the great tragedy of the legalization of abortion in the United States along with the devastating social, moral, and legal consequences that have followed. Marching together in hope, the March for Life Chicago calls upon government, religious, civic, and community leaders to renew every effort to build a nation that affirms the authentic dignity of women, the gift of children, and a culture dedicated to protecting life at every stage of development. Learn more at: MarchForLifeChicago.org.