Jeanne Mancini
Jeanne Mancini

News,

March for Life chief on Trump’s support: ‘We have never seen anything like this’

Thank President Trump for defunding International Planned Parenthood. SIGN THE PETITION. Click here.

WASHINGTON, D.C., January 26, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) -- The president of the March for Life is "delighted" by the unprecedented support the new Trump administration is giving the annual March for Life this week.

“We are just delighted so far with what we have seen, in less than a week, from the Trump administration," Jeanne Mancini, president of the March for Life Education and Defense Fund, told LifeSiteNews in an interview today. 

"We saw the Mexico City Policy reinstated. They have mentioned the March for Life in press briefings and in interviews all week long. We have never seen anything like this in our entire life,” she said.

On his very first day of work in the White House, Trump signed an executive order reinstating the “Mexico City Policy” which banned government funding of foreign pro-abortion groups like the International Planned Parenthood Federation. 

The following day, the Republican-controlled U.S. House of Representatives voted in large majority to permanently ban taxpayer funding of abortion on U.S. soil. That same day Trump’s press secretary promised a “heavy Administration presence” at the March for Life. Today, news broke that Vice President Mike Pence will speak at the March, the first time a vice president will do so in the event's 44 year history.

Last night, President Trump blasted mainstream media during an interview with ABC news for covering the pro-abortion March for Women while historically ignoring the much larger annual March for Life.

“You’re gonna have a large crowd on Friday, too, which is mostly pro-life people. You’re gonna have a lot of people coming on Friday, and I will say this, and I didn’t realize this, but I was told, you will have a very large crowd of people. I don’t know – as large or larger – some people say it’s gonna be larger. Pro-life people. And they say the press doesn’t cover them,” he said. 

RELATED: President Trump calls out mainstream media for failing to cover March for Life

Mancini called the Trump administration's pro-life actions and gestures towards the pro-life movement “incredibly exciting.”

“Hopefully it shows what we can be expecting in the weeks and months ahead,” she said. 

Acknowledging that mainstream media does not give the March for Life the credit it deserves, Mancini thanked LifeSiteNews for always “being here” at the March, covering it with reports and video work year after year. 

“You guys are always here. We're going to have lots of other folks here, but you guys are really important because you are always here and you tell the truth. So I want to thank you,” she said. 

When asked about her thoughts about pro-life marchers engaging in their 44th demonstration against Roe v. Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion in America, Mancini replied: “I just think, look, we've been doing this for 44 years. We're going to do the same thing tomorrow, with God's grace. We are just the humble instruments of [God’s] message for the unborn. So, let's go do this thing."

RELATED: White House confirms: VP Pence to speak at March for Life

Can you donate just $5 for PRO-LIFE?

LifeSite is the #1 most-read pro-life website on the Internet. But we urgently need your help to hit our spring campaign goal today.



Share this article

Advertisement

Customize your experience.

Login with Facebook