PERTH, Australia, November 2, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – Perth’s Lord Mayor faced widespread criticism and had his house vandalized after saying physical anatomy denotes one’s sex.
Basil Zempilas, the city’s recently inaugurated mayor, angered listeners of his radio show last Wednesday, when he bluntly declared, “If you’ve got a penis, mate, you’re a bloke. If you’ve got a vagina, you’re a woman. Game over.”
The comment was made in response to a story of a woman who refused to view her child as either male or female until he reached age 18.
Zempilas’s co-host countered by saying, “If I subscribe to being a girl, I’m a girl,” to which Zempilas responded, “No, no, wrong.”
A petition demanding his resignation had accumulated more than 10,000 signatures when it was presented to him on Sunday. The mayor also faced a large amount of online backlash, with his social media reportedly being inundated with angry messages. A march was organized this past Saturday, calling for his resignation and urging people to “Stand up to Transphobia.”
Zempilas caved and issued an apology on the City of Perth website the day after his remarks, saying his comments “do not reflect my values.”
“The comments I made were wrong and they don’t reflect how I feel. I’m disappointed in myself for making those comments and I realise I’ve let many people down,” Zempilas said. He included a picture of the Perth Council House lit up in the rainbow colors.
However, despite the apology, LGBT activists were seemingly not satisfied, vandalizing his home with graffiti, according to the Daily Mail.
The police did not respond to the Daily Mail’s queries as to whether the vandalism was under investigation, or whether it had been politically motivated.
In the run-up to the 2017 referendum regarding same-sex “marriage” in Australia, Christians were threatened with violence if they voted against the legislation, with slogans such as “Crucify ‘No’ Voters,” “Bash Bigots,” “Christians are Nazis,” and “Vote Yes” graffitied on churches and buildings.
Australia legalized same-sex “marriage” in December 2017, one day before the feast of the Immaculate Conception on December 8.
ALP Premier Daniel Andrews Photo Credit: Daniel Pockett / Getty Images
Although the Australian Labor Party (ALP) has been accused of government overreach on other issues, the COVID crisis has clearly demonstrated that Labor should not be in power again, for a very, very long time.
Over the last six months, Victorians have endured an authoritarian abuse of power, and their ALP government has become the laughing-stock of western democracies.
Premier Daniel Andrews simply cannot be trusted to govern ever again.
Please SIGN this petition pledging not to vote Labor.
Here is short list of laws, directives and proposals which show how the ALP have forfeited their right to govern:
- Allowing only 48 hours for public submissions, Labor's Omnibus Bill, now amended, would have authorised arbitrary arrest and indefinite detention for "pre-crime"
- Victorian Labor hastily appointed private security firms to guard those in mandatory hotel quarantine. Some guards underwent diversity training but no Covid training, and ended up fraternizing with those in quarantine, thereby triggering the second wave which led to even harsher lockdowns measures. Premier Andrews had the audacity to deny knowledge of who appointed private security firms to the task, and then rolled his Health Minister to avoid responsibility.
- Andrews' Labor Party imposed a nightly curfew, which was only just suspended last week when a private citizen was about to take out an injunction in court and in the process discovered that the curfew was not based on either medical, departmental or police advice – the ALP just thought this would be a good idea.
- Churches remain closed and baptisms are forbidden under pain of a $10,000 penalty. The Last Rites were denied to dying Catholics, with the Health Department absurdly suggesting that anointing could somehow be done by teleconference instead
- Meanwhile pubs and clubs are reopening across the state and the government is midway through a review looking at whether fully decriminalising sex work would achieve better public health outcomes.
Think about it. Arbitrary arrest and detention for "pre-crime" read right out of a dystopian novel. But this is really happening, right now.
However, your pledge not to vote Labor can help ensure that it doesn't happen again.
Please SIGN now, and pledge to not vote Labor. Thank you!
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
'‘All this can be avoided if people don’t protest’: Politician after police stomp on man’s head' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/all-this-can-be-avoided-if-people-dont-protest-politician-after-police-stomp-on-mans-head
'New Australia COVID lockdown law empowers indefinite detention of citizens' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/new-australia-covid-lockdown-law-empowers-indefinite-detention-of-citizens
'13 Australian doctors tell govt to end lockdowns: 'They’re causing unprecedented negative…outcomes'' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/13-australian-doctors-tell-govt-to-end-lockdowns-theyre-causing-unprecedented-negative-outcomes-1