Michigan abortion clinic shut down by fire marshall unlikely to reopen
MUSKEGON, Mich., Jan. 3, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com)—A Muskegon abortion clinic that was closed by the Fire Marshall the day after Christmas for multiple code violations is unlikely to reopen, reports Operation Rescue.
Abortionist Robert Alexander, who operated the shuttered Women’s Medical Services, is currently under investigation based on complaints filed by Operation Rescue last August.
“We have information of grossly unsafe conditions and practices at Alexander’s abortion clinic,” said Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue and Pro-Life Nation. “We filed three complaints with various agencies, including the Bureau of Health Professionals. Based on our complaints, investigations are proceeding.”
Click “like” if you are PRO-LIFE!
The long list of allegations made by the pro-life organization paints a grisly picture of a “house of horrors” abortion mill that routinely disregarded the lives and health of women though unsanitary and deceptive practices. The complaints include allegations related to 24 standard of practice violations, 23 facilities violations, and 7 environmental waste disposal violations. Some of the allegations include:
- Non-qualified personnel providing services.
- Violation of the 24-hour waiting period.
- Using a broken ultrasound machine to “show” patients their fetus and gestational development.
- Failure to remain on premises during the post operative portion of the patient’s stay.
- Failure to keep adequate medical records.
- Unsanitary surgical practices, including the use of unsterilized or reused equipment during abortions.
- Maintaining unsanitary facilities.
- Furnishment of false information on drug records.
- Failure to properly dispose of medical waste.
A local pro-life activist, Monica Miller of Citizens for a Pro-Life Society, reports that Alexander “has been hired to perform abortion procedures at Summit Medical Services, a Detroit facility, advertising itself under ‘Abortion Services and Birth Control,’ located at 15801 McNichols Avenue in Detroit.”
While this makes the reopening of the Muskegon facility highly unlikely, Operation Rescue said that the news that Alexander has been hired on at a Detroit abortion clinic is troubling.
“We consider Alexander a danger to the public. There’s no indication that this relocation will help him amend his slovenly ways or his attitude of disregard for the welfare of his patients. It’s hard to imagine that even avid ‘pro-choice’ advocates would approve of his despicable conduct that jeopardizes and degrades women,” said Newman. “We pray the investigations will result in his banishment from the practice of medicine.”