UDDEVALLA, March 16, 2004 ( – In the wake of publicity about the RU-486 caused death of a Swedish woman, more information has emerged as the girl’s mother has told details the government would not provide.  The girl, Rebecca Tell Berg, age 16, died on June 3, 2003 after an RU-486 abortion in the west coast city of Uddevalla.  Ja Till Livet, the Swedish pro-life group which broke the story, has sent another communication to indicating that the girl’s mother, Catharina Tell, is broken-hearted – and angry: “Rebecca didn’t want to have a chemical abortion,” she says.  Even for abortion supporters, the new information in the case raises the need for laws requiring parents be informed of minors’ decisions to obtain abortions.  According to the report by a division of the Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare in Gothenburg, “a young woman bled to death as a direct consequence of the (RU-486) treatment.” The report laid no fault in how the medical staff administered the treatment, despite the fact that the girl died.  Rebecca was seven weeks and two days pregnant and chose to have an RU-486 abortion, according to the report. One week after meeting with a gynaecologist, she returned to the hospital where she was given three 200 mg Mifegyne pills. Two days later she returned and was given two 0,2 mg pills of Cytotec (Misoprostol).  She took the medicine at 8.25 am.  She was reported to have been very tired, felt sick and slept most of the time. Bleeding started at 3 pm that same day and the patient received pain medication. At 4.30 pm the patient was able to return home after a “big blob” had “come out”.  A follow-up visit was scheduled for one month later as she left the hospital.  Rebecca was living with her mother, but she had been staying with her boyfriend, Niklas Mattsson, 19, at his apartment the night before she died. In the morning, she was again very tired, and Mattsson tried to persuade her to visit the hospital again. Since Rebecca had been told that she might bleed for two weeks, she chose to stay at home.  Mattsson put breakfast on the table, but when he came home in the afternoon, he found the breakfast untouched, and the girl dead in the shower.  Rebecca’s mother found out about the death from a policeman and a vicar, who came to her house. She blames the hospital for her daughter’s death. “Rebecca didn’t want to have a chemical abortion, but the doctor told her that it was much better than having a suction abortion,” she said. Currently in Seden 44.3% of the 31,000 abortions per year are chemically induced.  A second report, the Bohuslän county coroner’s report also concluded that the girl had died as a result of blood loss following a chemically induced abortion.