Planned Parenthood seeks FBI investigation of possible pro-life sting operation
January 25, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Planned Parenthood is seeking an FBI investigation of a man who is alleged to have visited several their facilities, claiming that the man is connected with the pro-life group Live Action.
The man reportedly told clinic staff that he was seeking treatment for a sexually transmitted disease, and then revealed himself as a sex trafficker once he had obtained a private conversation with a staff member, according to the Associated Press. He then sought information about health services for prostitutes who were in his employ, some of whom he identified as minors and illegals.
The visits were made to Planned Parenthood centers in Virginia, Indiana, New York, New Jersey, Washington, D.C., and Arizona between January 11th and January 15th.
In a statement released today, Planned Parenthood said that “men, sometimes accompanied by a woman, have visited at least 11 Planned Parenthood health centers in six states within a one-week time frame.” PP said that it has identified one of the men, and they believe he is associated with Live Action.
Live Action had issued a press release in December announcing plans for a major investigation of Planned Parenthood in 2011, for which they had received a $125,000 donation.
Lila Rose, President of Live Action, confirmed these plans in an interview with the AP, but would not comment on whether the organization has any connection to the recent visits. “The story that speaks loudest will be in the evidence,” she said. “I can’t comment until we release the visual evidence.”
Rose did not return phone calls from LifeSiteNews.com seeking comment.
Rose made headlines in 2009 when her organization released the videos from an undercover sting operation in which Planned Parenthood employees counseled Rose, who was posing as a 13-year-old girl, to lie about the age of her boyfriend, whom she told clinic workers was 31.
Other investigations conducted by Live Action have caught Planned Parenthood employees giving false or misleading medical information and agreeing to accept donations earmarked for the purpose of killing black babies.
In a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder requesting the investigation, Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards characterized previous videos released by Live Action as having been “selectively and maliciously edited.”
However, according to a Washington Times report, Planned Parenthood suspended an employee at their clinic in Bloomington, Indiana subsequent to the release of a Live Action video. The video recorded a conversation in which the employee first told Rose that she did not want to know the age of her boyfriend, and then counseled her to say that he was 14.
The FBI and the Justice Department have declined to comment on whether an investigation has actually been launched. According to Stuart Schear, Planned Parenthood’s vice president for communications, the FBI has made preliminary contact, requesting information from the clinics that had been visited.
Can you donate just $5 for PRO-LIFE?
Help LifeSite remain the #1 most-read pro-life website on the Internet. We urgently need your help to hit our Fall campaign goal today.
View CommentsClick to view or comment.