OpinionFri Aug 31, 2012 - 1:57 pm EST
Planned Parenthood: the pig at the trough of government funding
August 31, 2012 (STOPP.org) - A hog never backs away from the trough, and neither does Planned Parenthood. Raging like a boar in a perpetual feeding frenzy, the abortion giant obsessively gnashes, grunts, bullies, and pushes, caring not who it tramples to get a bigger share of the spoils.
Witness Planned Parenthood of the Heartland’s latest ploy in Tulsa, Oklahoma, to add a few medical services in order to gain a bigger place at the government trough, via Obamacare and spin-off funding.
Tulsa World recently ran an article saying that PP in Tulsa is adding “family practice.”
Planned Parenthood’s website shows three Tulsa Planned Parenthood practices at the same address - Midtown Health Center: Family Planning, an abortion referral center; Midtown Health Center: Pediatrics, an abortion referral center; and Midtown Health Center: Prenatal, an abortion referral center. It also lists South Peoria Health Center, Tulsa, an abortion referral center; and Westside Health Center, Tulsa, an abortion referral center.
A look at the “services” at each Tulsa facility on the PP website shows a very limited amount of “general health care” available at the Midtown center and the Westside facility, including anemia testing, cholesterol screening, diabetes screening, flu vaccination, high blood pressure screening, and smoking cessation. Just enough, perhaps, to qualify it as a primary care facility in anticipation of more money from Obamacare.
The “pediatrics” center offers additional children’s vaccines, sports and physical exams, thyroid screenings, in addition to “primary care” for routine, well-child checkups, and sick-child care. Then it warns that payment is expected at the time of service, unless prior arrangements have been made or one can qualify for a state-funded program.
By expanding into areas other than abortion and birth control, Planned Parenthood reaches to gain primary caregiver status, ensuring that individuals can choose the abortion giant as their primary care provider under Obamacare. It can utilize staff that is already on hand to do so, thus gaining millions of dollars in income with minimal outlay.
The abortion giant’s share of taxpayer money and government-mandated private money continues to grow, even as public confidence in the abortion superstore wanes.
• In 2010—the most recent year for which Planned Parenthood has released numbers—government funding provided 46.5 percent of its total $1 billion plus income.
• The Obamacare abortion premium will raise enough money to completely fund two million abortions every year.
• Planned Parenthood continually increases its share of the abortion market, with CEO Cecile Richards having presided over 1.5 million abortions in only four years - a full one-fourth of Planned Parenthood’s total death count over a 42-year period.
• Planned Parenthood will experience a huge windfall from the government mandate that requires employers to provide insurance that pays 100 percent for contraception, sterilization, and abortifacient pills - mainstays of Planned Parenthood’s business model.
• According to Planned Parenthood’s Action Center: “The new health care reform bill authorized $75 million [annually through 2014] in mandatory funding for teen pregnancy prevention. Most of this will go to states to support evidence-based, medically accurate, culturally appropriate sex education programs that address both abstinence and contraception for the prevention of pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, including HIV/AIDS.”
• “This is on top of the $114.4 million for evidence-based, teen pregnancy prevention that President Obama and Congress are providing to community organizations and local governments this year,” Planned Parenthood continues.
That means Planned Parenthood will be greatly assisted by Obamacare in its efforts at cultivating generations of sex addicts to fuel its business.
Never content with the alpha pig’s share, PP then moans: “Unfortunately, the health care reform bill also included a renewal of $50 million per year funding of Title V abstinence-only education for states until 2014. Planned Parenthood is continuing our work with our supporters, youth activists, and policymakers to put an end to this ineffective program.”
Not willing to wait at the trough, the big pig known as Planned Parenthood never takes a break. When it climbs in the mud, it is there to sling it on people of good will in order to increase its own girth.
Visit our Defund Planned Parenthood Action Center today, and learn how to push Planned Parenthood back from the trough. The fate of our children, our communities, and our nation depends on it.
Rita Diller is the national director of Stop Planned Parenthood (STOPP). This article originally appeared in STOPP’s Wednesday newsletter and is reprinted with permission.
View CommentsClick to view or comment.