Pope’s support of UN’s 2030 Agenda a major threat to children’s lives: new analysis
February 22, 2017 (Voice of the Family) – Voice of the Family is today publishing an in-depth analysis of the United Nations’ Sustainable Developments Goals (SDGs) and their potential impact on the lives and well-being of children and the wider family. The SDGs consist of 17 goals and 169 targets that nations states have committed themselves to achieve by 2030. The analysis also examines the support offered to the UN agenda by Pope Francis and other representatives of the Holy See.
The briefing explores:
- The goals and targets of the UN SDGs that pose a threat to lives and wellbeing of children, born and unborn;
- The real meaning of the language of “sexual and reproductive health”;
- The destructive consequences of existing UN “sexual and reproductive health programmes” and the planned expansion of such programmes;
- The connection between the SDGs and moves to impose destructive “comprehensive sexuality education” worldwide;
- The strong support for the SDGs expressed by Pope Francis;
- The further support for the SDGs offered by the Pontifical Council for Healthcare Workers, the Pontifical Academy of Science and the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences;
- The increasing convergence between the Vatican and the sex education agenda of the UN, as seen most clearly in the Apostolic Exhortation Amoris Laetitia and the “sexuality education” programme produced by the Pontifical Council for the Family.
Voice of the Family invites you to share this briefing widely, especially with your bishops and clergy, in order that they may be informed of the immediate and serious threat posed to children and the family by the support offered by Pope Francis and Vatican bodies to these aspects of global anti-life and anti-family agenda.
You can make a difference!
Can you donate today?
View CommentsClick to view or comment.