Powerful 54-day novena begins in advance of the Amazon Synod
NOVENA: For the Church and our nation in lead up to the Amazon Synod. Sign the petition here.
August 14, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – Supporters of LifeSite are joining together with Fr. Richard Heilman’s 50,000 prayer warriors in the “United States Grace Force” (USGF) to pray for our Church and nation.
We are urgently calling on faithful Catholics to offer up fervent prayer in a powerful 54-day Rosary novena.
The novena will begin THIS THURSDAY, August 15, the Feast of the Assumption, and will end on October 7, the Feast of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, and the first working day of the Amazon Synod.
Register for the free live stream of the Historic Amazon Synod Roundtable. Click here.
There are two intentions: 1) To pray for the Universal Church as the Amazon Synod approaches; and, 2) To pray for the restoration of the faith in the United States.
Initially, Fr. Heilman’s prayer warriors were going to have just one intention (for our nation), but they have enthusiastically agreed to include the Amazon Synod as the other intention.
That means that LifeSite will unite our efforts with the 50,000 people in Fr. Heilman’s USGF to fervently implore God to preserve our nation and our Church in sound doctrine and morals.
In the United States, we continue to live in peace-less times with laws and court rulings in conflict with God’s laws.
We see disregard for the rights of the unborn, elderly, and weak in our society, and attacks on marriage and family values.
With the upcoming Amazon Synod – starting on October 6 – the institutional Church is facing a crisis of gigantic proportions.
Here is what some of the Church’s highest-esteemed, orthodox prelates and theologians have to say about the Amazon Synod’s working document (and why we need to pray very much against the implementation of heterodox ideas):
- Archbishop Viganò: “The figure of Christ is absent” from the Amazon Synod working document.
- The working document (Instrumentum Laboris) of the upcoming Amazon Synod has been branded as “apostasy” (i.e., total repudiation of the Christian faith), and as “heresy” (i.e., the obstinate denial of an article of faith) by Cardinal Walter Brandmüller.
- Cardinal Gerhard Müller has said the upcoming synod of bishops on the Amazon is “a pretext for changing the Church.” He added: “The fact that it is being held in Rome is intended to underline the beginning of a new church.”
- Monsignor Nicola Bux, a theologian and former consulter to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith during Benedict XVI’s pontificate, said in a recent interview that the Amazon Synod is an attempt to “create another church” by “demolishing” the true Church from within.
- Bishop Marian Eleganti, the auxiliary bishop of Chur, Switzerland, has said that, if adopted, ideas now contained in the working document of the Amazon Synod “will contaminate the whole Mystical Body of the Church – and gravely damage it.”
It is obvious that the Catholic faithful need to fervently pray that God will allow this trial to pass.
Please JOIN our 54-day novena now, and then, please SHARE with your like-minded family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues. Thank you!
The 54-day novena will officially begin on THURSDAY, August 15 and end on October 7, the second day (and first working day) of the Amazon Synod.
Please click HERE for more information.