MADRID, March 25, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Topless Femen activists, with their faces painted to look like skeletons and the slogan “your morals, my death” written on their upper bodies, attacked a pro-life rally in Spain on Sunday.
The self-styled ‘femo-terrorists’ shouted “Pro-vida genocida!” (Pro-life is genocide) as they interrupted the pro-life march in Madrid's famous Puerta del Sol square on Sunday morning, according to a report by The Local.
Organizers of the “Sí a la vida” (Yes to Life) pro-life demonstration claimed as many as 100,000 people took part in the march.
“We can't allow 300 children to die on a daily basis,” Lorena Díaz, spokesperson for Spain's Right to Life organization, told the Spanish news agency Europa Press.
“We need 280,000 children that are the victims of abortion to live as part of our generational replacement,” said Díaz.
The Local reported that bystanders vented their anger towards the grotesquely painted women as police officers arrested the topless offenders for public indecency.
Click “like” if you are PRO-LIFE!
According to the Femen website, the attack by the “dead sextremists” was meant to “personify the revenge of all women raped by Gallardon's law,” referring to the Spanish government’s bill seeking to restrict the liberalized abortion law passed in 2010 by the previous socialist government.
The group also directed their opprobrium at “Fascists groups like HazteOir [a Spanish pro-family, pro-life organization], or catholic groups from Europe and Spain, youth organizations neo-nazis.”
Last month the topless activists attacked the Archbishop of Madrid, Cardinal Antonio Rouco Varela, as he arrived at church on Sunday.
The feminists threw underwear at the cardinal while pushing their bare breasts onto him and shouting “abortion is sacred” and other vulgarities, as a way of voicing their disapproval of the Church’s and the government’s opposition to abortion.
Following the incident, Alberto Ruíz-Gallardón, Spain’s justice minister and main promoter of the abortion reform bill, said to the press that the attack on the cardinal was “shameful.”
Earlier in February he declared, “No insult, yelling or scorning can make this minister abdicate in fulfilling the commitment of … regulating women’s rights but also the rights of the conceived and the unborn.”