TORONTO, November 1, 2005 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The Interim newspaper has offered the Father Ted Scholarship Program again this year. The purpose of the program is to encourage young people to learn about pro-life issues, the pro-life movement and to become actively involved in its programs.
The program offers two prizes with the recipients being determined by a committee, whose decision is final. There are two prizes of $1,500 and $500 to be given to the first and second place winners.
Students must submit a typed original essay, postmarked no later than January 10, 2006, on the topic “Life issues are at the heart of the culture wars.”
The length of the essay must be between 800 and 1000 words. Winners will be declared March 1, 2006.
Eligibility for the scholarship
1. Be senior high school students (grade 11 or 12)
2. Give proof of interest/active involvement in “life issues” and/or the pro-life movement
3. Submit one letter of reference, from a school staff member or community representative
4. Submit a brief self-profile outlining participation in school life/community activities
5. This contest is open to students from any country.
For more contest details and the application form and pamphlet see
See also a short biography of Fr. Ted
See the scholarshiop contest brochure
Put up the scholarship contest poster in your school, church or other place in which young people will see the poster