Fri Apr 27, 2012 - 2:47 pm EST
The REAL ‘War Against Women’: forced abortion and gendercide in China
Note: Reggie Littlejohn is the president of Women’s Rights Without Frontiers, and human rights group that focuses on ending the abuses of China’s One-Child Policy.
April 27, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) - The real war against women has nothing to do with the morning-after pill or insurance coverage. This war transcends the debate between pro-life and pro-choice. It is not even being waged on U.S. soil.
The real war against women is forced abortion and gendercide in China.
As the U.S. debates Obamacare and the contraceptive mandate, Chinese women are being dragged out of their homes, strapped down to tables and forced to abort babies that they want, up to the ninth month of pregnancy. Sometimes the women themselves die, along with their full term babies. Whether you are pro-life or pro-choice, no one supports forced abortion, because it’s not a choice. Watch this 4-minute video to learn the brutal truth about forced abortion in China.
Equally appalling, baby girls are being selected for termination. According to one UN estimate, up to 200 million women are missing in the world today due to gendercide, the sex-selective abortion of baby girls, mostly in China and India. Anyone who cares about women’s rights must be heartbroken and incensed by this massive attack against females.
China’s One Child Policy causes more violence against women and girls than any other official policy on earth. It is systematic, institutionalized violence against women:
· Forced abortion is violent. It is official government rape.
· Forced sterilization is often done without anesthesia and may cause infection, which can ruin a woman’s reproductive and general health.
· Infanticide – the killing of newborns – is a human rights atrocity. Read “Best Practices – Infanticide” here.
· Because of gendercide, there are now approximately 37 million more males living in China than women.
· This gender imbalance is driving sexual slavery not only within China, but from the surrounding countries as well.
· China has the highest female suicide rate of any nation in the world. An estimated 500 women a day end their lives in China.
The women of China cannot fight this war, or they risk being imprisoned, tortured and denied medical treatment, like blind forced abortion opponent, Chen Guangcheng.
Martin Luther King said, “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” Stand with our sisters in China. Sign a petition to end forced abortion in China.
Red alert! Only 4 days left.
Support pro-life news. Help us reach our critical spring fundraising goal by April 1!
View CommentsClick to view or comment.