Trump releases fact sheet showing his pro-life accomplishments
January 23, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – On the day of the 2018 March for Life, the White House published a fact sheet outlining some of the problems with America’s extremely permissive abortion laws and some of Trump’s pro-life accomplishments. LifeSiteNews reprints it below.
“We cherish the sacred dignity of every human life.” – President Donald J. Trump
AN IGNOBLE EXCEPTION: The United States is one of a few countries to allow elective abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy.
- The United States is one of only seven countries that allow for elective abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy; two of the other countries are North Korea and China.
- Research shows unborn babies feel pain as early as 20 weeks to such a degree that anesthesia is routinely administered to unborn babies undergoing in utero surgeries and premature infants of the same age undergoing surgery.
- In the United States, taxpayer funding subsidizes 900 health care plans that cover abortions, according to the Charlotte Lozier Institute.
- Under the previous administration, States were allowed to outlaw pro-life health insurance with impunity.
AMERICANS SUPPORT PRO-LIFE POLICIES: Public support for pro-life policies remains high according to recent polling.
- A recent Marist-Knights of Columbus poll shows the majority of Americans, 56 percent, believe abortion to be morally wrong.
- More than three in four Americans support restrictions on abortion.
- Even six in ten of those who identify as pro-choice support restrictions on abortion.
- 63 percent of Americans support a ban on abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy.
- Even the majority of pro-choice Americans, 56 percent, support banning abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy.
- Public support for banning abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy has grown by four percent in the last year.
- Six in ten Americans oppose using taxpayer money to fund abortions.
- The majority of Americans, 52 percent, believe that, in the long run, having an abortion does more harm than good to a woman’s life.
- Nearly half of all Americans, 47 percent, believe life begins at conception, and 62 percent believe it begins within the first three months of a pregnancy.
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING LIFE: President Donald J. Trump has shown his steadfast commitment to preserving the precious gift of life and defending religious liberty.
- President Trump is the first sitting President to address the March for Life live via satellite.
- Vice President Mike Pence addressed the March for Life in 2017, becoming the first sitting Vice President to do so in person.
- Today, the Department of Health and Human Services is announcing a proposal to revise its conscience regulations to protect President Trump’s promise to enforce Federal conscience and religious freedom protections. The proposed conscience provisions include:
- Restricting taxpayer funds, including Medicare, Medicaid, and Obamacare, from being used by entities with discriminatory policies or practices,
- Protecting Americans who have religious or moral convictions related to certain health care services,
- Recognizing that Americans should not be discriminated against for their religious or moral beliefs when participating in certain health services.
- Just after taking office, President Trump reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy, which protects $9 billion in foreign aid from being used to fund the global abortion industry.
- President Trump cut off taxpayer funding for the U.N. Population Fund, which colludes with China’s cruel program of forced abortion and sterilization.
- President Trump signed H.J. Res. 43 into law, overturning a midnight regulation by the Obama Administration, which prohibited States from defunding certain abortion facilities in their federally-funded family planning programs.
- President Trump has expressed strong support for the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which would stop late-term abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, when science tells us that an unborn child can experience pain.
- President Trump’s Administration issued guidance to enforce the requirement that taxpayer dollars not support abortion coverage in Obamacare exchange plans.
- President Trump’s Department of Health and Human Services just announced the formation of a new Conscience and Religious Freedom Division, tasked with ensuring that laws that protect religious freedom and conscience rights are appropriately enforced.
You can make a difference!
Can you donate today?
View CommentsClick to view or comment.