News
Featured Image
Donald TrumpPhoto by Scott Olson/Getty Images

(LifeSiteNews) – Donald Trump announced Monday that the FBI “stole” multiple passports from his Mar-a-Lago residence as part of the unprecedented raid on his estate last week, before having them returned later by the agency.

The former president took to social media Monday afternoon to announce that the agency had taken “three passports (one expired), along with everything else” during the August 8 search of his Florida mansion, describing the raid as “an assault on a political opponent at a level never before seen in our country.”

RELATED: Trump says ‘large group of FBI agents’ are raiding his Mar-A-Lago home

“Third world!” he blasted on his Truth Social account.

Hours later, in comments to NBC News, the Department of Justice admitted that the passports had been seized but that the FBI has now returned them to the former president.

A statement later released by the FBI said that while “executing search warrants, the FBI follows search and seizure procedures ordered by courts, then returns items that do not need to be retained for law enforcement purposes.”

RELATED: Trump investigated under Espionage Act, obstruction of justice, unsealed FBI raid warrant shows

The search warrant on Trump’s home – approved by U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland and signed by Judge Bruce Reinhart – was unsealed Friday, showing that 46 items had been taken from the estate, though the passports were not individually itemized on that list.

— Article continues below Petition —
URGENT: Condemn the FBI’s Political Raid on Former President Donald Trump
  Show Petition Text
11728 have signed the petition.
Let's get to 12500!
Thank you for signing this petition!
Add your signature:
  Show Petition Text
Keep me updated via email on this petition and related issues.
Keep me updated via email on this petition and related issues.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) has officially crossed a line by weaponizing the FBI to target America’s most influential conservative leader — former president Donald Trump, a private citizen — without due process and with obvious political bias.  

SIGN this petition to FBI Director Christopher Wray - condemn this blatant political policing againt former President Trump. 

This single act has sent an unmistakable signal that anyone who holds a dissenting political belief from the leftist regime can have his or her life ruined by the Deep State — forcing them to defend themselves from a faceless FBI attack-arm of the federal government.  

We cannot stand for the complete corruption and weaponization of America's law enforcement, and especially not the FBI. We must stand united, bold, and patriotic — in the name of liberty, the rule of law, and American Greatness. 

SEND A BOLD MESSAGE TODAY: WE ABSOLUTELY CONDEMN THE DESPICABLE FBI RAID ON A PRIVATE AMERICAN CITIZEN — AND WE WILL NOT STOP FIGHTING FOR AMERICA FIRST! 

This kind of weaponization of federal agencies against private citizens who hold a dissenting worldview is seen only in third-world countries.  

This is exactly why Americans must use their voices and shout even more loudly that this country is worth saving from the ideologues on the radical left who care only about power and control.   

American patriots will continue standing in the way of the left's attempt at hostile takeover, and will always defend America from her enemies — both foreign and domestic.  

SIGN NOW: Our Founding Fathers added their names to the Declaration of Independence, and now more than ever is it important to add your name to the growing list of patriots who uphold our inalienable rights and the promise of self-government.  

Stand up against the targeting of private American citizens from FBI raids - we refuse to back down! 

Thank you. 

P.S. — Nobody is safe from politically motivated attacks under the current DOJ. And with 87,000 new IRS agents joining the executive branch, the unaccountable federal government is only growing. Now is the time to push back before it’s too late! SIGN NOW AND STAND STRONG TOGETHER! 

 

  Hide Petition Text

While a separate court order is normally required to take a passport, former FBI Assistant Director for Counterintelligence Frank Figliuzzi suggested on NBC that the warrant’s order to seize government records covered the receipt of Trump’s travel documents.

Continuing, Figliuzzi noted that it is unusual for the FBI to seize a passport while a suspect is not considered a flight risk, but added that “your passport is not yours, by the way. It’s the U.S. government’s. It’s a privilege to have it and they can take it back.”

RELATED: Trump rejects ‘hoax’ claim of FBI agents seeking classified nuclear weapons documents in raid

Shortly before announcing his passports had been taken, Trump suggested that “Republicans could win many additional seats, both in the House & Senate, because of the strong backlash over the raid at Mar-a-Lago.”

“Polls are showing that some lost Republican territory over the last number of weeks has been more than made up with the unannounced Break In by the FBI, which should never have happened!” he said on his social media platform.

Trump, along with many Republicans, has condemned the raid on his property, telling FOX News on Monday that the “country is in a very dangerous position” following last week’s “witch hunt.”

RELATED: Trump tells Fox News US is in ‘very dangerous’ place following FBI raid of Mar-a-Lago residence

“There is tremendous anger, like I’ve never seen before, over all of the scams, and this new one – years of scams and witch hunts, and now this,” he stated.

“There has never been a time like this where law enforcement has been used to break into the house of a former president of the United States, and there is tremendous anger in the country – at a level that has never been seen before, other than during very perilous times.”

Comments

Commenting Guidelines
LifeSiteNews welcomes thoughtful, respectful comments that add useful information or insights. Demeaning, hostile or propagandistic comments, and streams not related to the storyline, will be removed.

LSN commenting is not for frequent personal blogging, on-going debates or theological or other disputes between commenters.

Multiple comments from one person under a story are discouraged (suggested maximum of three). Capitalized sentences or comments will be removed (Internet shouting).

LifeSiteNews gives priority to pro-life, pro-family commenters and reserves the right to edit or remove comments.

Comments under LifeSiteNews stories do not necessarily represent the views of LifeSiteNews.

9 Comments

    Loading...