ROCKVILLE, MD, February 18, 2013, (Operation Rescue) – Braving brutally cold temperatures, pro-life supporters gathered Sunday evening outside the Shady Grove Adventist Hospital to remember the lives of Jennifer Morbelli and her pre-born daughter, Madison, who died on February 7 from a botched 33-week abortion done by the notorious late-term abortionist LeRoy Carhart. The vigil was arranged by the Maryland Coalition for Life.
Compassionate and comforting remarks were given by Rev. Patrick J. Mahoney, director of the Christian Defense Coalition, as the group huddled around candles and a memorial cross wreath outside the emergency room where Jennifer was brought by her family too late to save her life after efforts to contact Carhart about her deteriorating condition failed.
Rev. Mahoney stated six actions that pro-life supporters are hoping to see in response to this tragedy:
1. Shady Grove Adventist Hospital must file a formal complaint against Carhart with the Maryland Board of Physicians;
2. The Maryland Board of Physicians should immediately suspend Carhart’s medical license pending an investigation into Morbelli’s death;
3. The Maryland Department of Health should step in and close the Germantown Reproductive Health Services, where Carhart commits dangerous late-term abortions, be closed immediately in the interest of public safety;
4. The owner of the building that houses Germantown Reproductive Health Services should take immediate steps to stop abortions at his facility;
5. The Executive Park where Germantown Reproductive Health Services is located should take immediate steps to evict the abortion business based on violations of the terms of their covenants and restrictions; and
6. The Maryland legislature is urged pass a Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act as soon as possible that would bring an end to these barbaric late-term abortion procedures in Maryland.
“Please join us in praying that these actions will be speedily taken and that Carhart’s abortion business will be closed down at the soonest possible moment to prevent other women from suffering the tragic fate of Jennifer and Madison,” said Troy Newman, president of Operation Rescue and Pro-Life Nation.
Click “like” if you want to end abortion!
Contact information for agencies where citizens can voice their concerns will be made available in the coming days.
Carhart’s most recent late-term abortion fatality continues to make news. The following are links to two recent articles published today, which are of particular interest:
- Film features abortion doctor who treated Jennifer Morbelli (Lohud.com)
- The Heroes of Sundance (CatholicNewsAgency.com)
This article originally appeared on Operation Rescue and is reprinted with permission.