Note: This is the latest installment in a series of articles detailing cases in which babies were born alive during abortions, and then either left to die or actively killed. To read the other parts click here.

May 21, 2013 ( – By now, most people have heard about the allegations that came out about Dr. Douglas Karpen. Four former clinic workers are alleging that he killed babies that were born alive as often as several times a day. What you may not know is that this is not the first time former clinic workers have come forth with accusations of infanticide.

In taped testimony for the Pro-Life Action League, which can be read in its entirety here, former clinic worker Joy Davis tells a harrowing story of working with former abortionist Dr. Tommy Tucker. Tommy Tucker lost his license after an investigation into the death of a woman at his clinic. Much of Davis’s testimony revolves around how Dr. Tucker had her practicing medicine without a license, drawing blood, administering medication, even doing abortions. She describes the horrible experience of watching a woman bleed to death while Dr. Tucker, after canceling the ambulance Davis called, left her alone with the dying woman and left the clinic.

Davis also reveals what Dr. Tucker told her about an event that happened at one of the clinics he ran, a different clinic from the one where he employed Davis.


According to her testimony:

Then one day, Dr. Tucker came back to Alabama, where I was. He had been working in Mississippi. He said, “I had a real hard time in Mississippi, we had a problem and you need to go out and try to calm down the employees.”

I said, “What happened?”

He said, “There was a girl who came in for an abortion. I thought she was eighteen weeks. She ended up being closer to term. I inserted the laminaria and she went into labor. She went into labor and delivered a live, healthy baby.”

I said, “What did you do?”

He said, “What could I do? I killed the baby. But all the employees are really upset, so you need to go and take care of this.”

Davis flew to the Mississippi clinic where the infanticide allegedly occurred. When she did, she heard clinic workers there corroborate the story. Before leaving for Mississippi, Davis called the attorney general of the state. However, Joy Davis was unable to present the authorities with the body of the baby. Apparently, the body had been disposed of before she got to the clinic. It was never found. Despite the fact that numerous people were willing to testify that the infanticide took place, Tucker was never brought to justice for the murder due to “lack of evidence.” With no baby’s body to autopsy, the case could never be proven.

Click “like” if you want to end abortion!

You can read more about Tucker’s history of malpractice here.

Sarah Terzo is a pro-life author and creator of the website. She is a member of Secular Pro-Life and Pro-Life Alliance of Gays and Lesbians. This article reprinted with permission from


Commenting Guidelines
LifeSiteNews welcomes thoughtful, respectful comments that add useful information or insights. Demeaning, hostile or propagandistic comments, and streams not related to the storyline, will be removed.

LSN commenting is not for frequent personal blogging, on-going debates or theological or other disputes between commenters.

Multiple comments from one person under a story are discouraged (suggested maximum of three). Capitalized sentences or comments will be removed (Internet shouting).

LifeSiteNews gives priority to pro-life, pro-family commenters and reserves the right to edit or remove comments.

Comments under LifeSiteNews stories do not necessarily represent the views of LifeSiteNews.