LifeSiteNews has been permanently banned on YouTube. Click HERE to sign up to receive emails when we add to our video library.
April 20, 2021 (NewsBusters) – TV journalists are carrying water for Democrats by framing the new Georgia election security law as a racist roll-back of voting rights. But they deliberately mislead audiences about the numerous ways in which the bill actually expands voting access in the state.
Watch the video below for a breakdown of how the media are failing in their duty to cover the new law fairly:
Here are some of the most common complaints about the bill you’ll hear from the news media:
■ Claim: The bill restricts ballot drop boxes. Before this bill was passed, Georgia had no law requiring ballot drop boxes anywhere in the state. Thus, the bill actually establishes drop boxes, rather than reducing them. While it’s true that the bill includes an upward limit on how many can be available in the state, this does not represent a reduction.
■ Claim: It creates new voter ID requirements. Voters in Georgia were already required to show ID in order to vote in person. This law simply replaces the outdated (and sometimes inaccurate) practice signature-matching for absentee ballots. Instead, under the new law absentee ballots are verified with a voter’s identification card number. And those cards are provided — for free — to any voter who needs one.
■ Claim: The law makes it illegal to give food or water to voters waiting in line. This change eliminates a loophole in existing Georgia laws against electioneering. In the past, there have been instances in the state of Democrat activists engaging in “line-warming” by handing out freebies to people waiting to vote. This change addresses that, while still allowing vendors to set up food trucks and all manner of refreshments outside polling locations — as long as they’re 150 feet away from the polls.
■ Claim: The bill is designed to make it harder for minorities to vote. This is the most absurd of the bunch. Aside from the media’s (arguably racist) suggestion that it’s unfair to expect people of color to own ID, it’s hard to get anyone to explain how this bill even targets minorities. That’s probably because it doesn’t. Obviously there is no provision in the bill that references race, or even alludes to it.
House Democrats, in a strict party-line vote, recently passed legislation to conduct a massive federal overhaul of America’s elections and voting protocols, making the inconsistency, confusion, and funny business that plagued 2020 the new, permanent norm in our country.
The bill is called H.R. 1 (also known, ironically, as the “For the People” Act), and, if passed by the Democrat-controlled Senate, will mark the beginning of a once-in-a-generation transfer of power from the people of our country to its politicians.
That’s we must act NOW, and implore our U.S. Senators to vote against this dangerous legislation when it comes before them for a vote.
Please SIGN and SHARE this urgent petition asking all U.S. Senators to oppose H.R. 1 as a matter of national importance.
Democrat sponsors have attempted to promote H.R. 1 as a bill to expand voting rights in America, but, in reality, it is the exact opposite.
Among the 791-page bill’s provisions are the following:
- Transfer of control over congressional elections from state governments to the federal government, even though the Constitution explicitly states that such authority belongs solely to states.
- Automatic voter registration, which would require every state to add all eligible citizens to their voting rolls (unless they manually opt out) under the law. This would, additionally, shield illegal aliens who are automatically registered to vote from prosecution, without making an affirmative declaration about the status of their citizenship.
- Mandatory early voting in all 50 states for at least 15 days prior to an actual election, as well as unlimited ballot harvesting and a 10-day deadline extension past an election for mail-in ballots to be received and processed.
- Mandatory, nationwide mail-in voting, without any requirement that individuals provide a form of personal identification upon applying for their mail-in ballot. This would also require that those individuals who request a mail-in ballot be automatically registered to receive mail-in ballots in every election to follow.
- Transfer of control over drawing congressional district maps from each individual state’s legislature to “independent” commissions – another power reserved, in the Constitution, for states specifically.
- Federal funding of campaigns, which would use taxpayer dollars to match campaign contributions made by Americans citizens to candidates for federal office at a rate of 600% (you read that right – your money, being used to fund campaigns and candidates you may not support, nor even have the chance to actually to vote for).
And, that's just the tip of the iceberg.
If H.R. 1 passes the Senate and goes to Joe Biden’s desk, the American people may never participate in a free, open, and fair election ever again.
It is, therefore, imperative that we act to save our Republic from this disastrous legislation NOW.
Please SIGN and SHARE this urgent petition which urges all U.S. Senators to oppose the anti-democratic piece of legislation, H.R. 1, today.
And, after signing this petition, please CLICK HERE to DIRECTLY CONTACT your U.S. Senators by using the simple contact form LifeSite is providing, here. It is a simple, one-click process, and you don't even have to look up any of your Senators' contact information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
'Here’s the anti-people agenda of HR 1 on election reform' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/heres-the-anti-people-agenda-of-hr-1-on-election-reform
'Democrats’ horrifying ‘For the People’ Act would supercharge vote fraud, end America' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/democrats-horrifying-for-the-people-act-would-supercharge-vote-fraud-end-america
'The Democrats’ ‘For the People’ Act would make it impossible to hold free and fair elections in America' - https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/democrats-are-pushing-the-for-the-people-act-in-attempt-to-make-impossible-to-hold-free-and-fair-elections-in-america
**Photo Credit: Shutterstock
Reprinted with permission from NewsBusters.